Razer Blade 15.6" (GTX 1060/1070, 2018 edition) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by X33nbat, May 20, 2018.

1. Erase

Erase Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for your reply! As I mentioned, I've already solved the issue by exactly doing what you said. I just was very confused, because for my ears the sound was flat and I had no real bass with my headphones, although I had v6.0.1.8413. Additionally, I was a little confused that the name of my device was somewhat different to what I remembered, but I wasn't quite sure. Both made me look for a solution. So I installed the Realtek driver via Windows updates and then changed the used driver to the Windows "high definition audio" one, now the sound is perfect and the device/driver name is as I remembered it.
    The thing about Dolby Atmos; as far as I can see, yes you can install it and you can select when you click on the speaker icon and go to surround sound. However, I guess it only works if you pay the "one-time" licence.

2. Voxis9292

Voxis9292 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    like djcgeez2189 said ... I had to redownload the tool

3. darkloki

darkloki Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I don't believe it's a setting in game because I have the game installed on both systems my Razer Blade and my Dell Latitude (Work System) and my dell doesn't exhibit anything like that. I actually believe it's a setting within windows or something like that where you can control the sounds of every application specifically.

4. rb6freak

rb6freak Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The different systems are most likely different in several regards such as power performance settings in Windows, different Windows version, maybe one system has NVidia Shadow play on and the other doesn't, etc.. It may not be an option in game, but it is an application configuration item somewhere to allow this to be turned on or off. A quick search shows others with this problem and changing the options text file.

5. djcgeez2189

djcgeez2189 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So I opened my new blade to do a repaste and my new model has the copper heatsink instead of the black one the Heatsink is also thicker than the older one. Maybe that explains why my new machine runs slightly cooler than my first 15. Also it has Thermal pads on the SSD and their are more thermal pads on the underside of the case too that werent there before.

el3c likes this.
  6. el3c

el3c Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Which kind of repaste have you done? Does your repaste has any positive impact to your machine?

7. djcgeez2189

Reputations:
    I always use Arctic Silver 5 as Silver is the best non metal thermal conductor, a side effect however is it takes longer to cure and get the best results than other pasts so i will see how it fares in about a week. Right now im getting between 78-82c during gaming but CPU is power throttling like crazy but thats just the nature of the blade it has terrible CPU power management

Goracij and el3c like this.
  8. el3c

el3c Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for answering!

Without repaste I get in bf5 nearly the same temps. So it seems repaste does not have biggest value for me.

9. Goracij

Goracij Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Did you do any photos of the internals while doing that? Would be nice to compare yours and others.

10. djcgeez2189

Reputations:
    I tried to post pictures but it keeps saying its too large, even when i crop them to 2mb