Razer Blade 15.6" (GTX 1060/1070, 2018 edition) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by X33nbat, May 20, 2018.

1. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The review was early batch Blade 15 vs several later Blade 15 advanced, there’s huge difference in terms optimization like synapse or windows. My June batch was also inconsistent at first months, but now run like a champ, I won’t getting bored posting this pictures, it runs great on ultra wide 1440p surround and be able to catch smooth 60fps and could keep long gaming session core temperature on high under 90ish average. No repasting no core clock limitation, Turbo Boost on. The big vapor chamber works great imo. 939B5FD8-E3A1-408A-BB02-2E6961D8E6BF.jpeg
    All 8750H on thin light categories runs hot and need great cooling and appropriate tweaking like undervolting or playing Synapse mode which mostly reviewers doesn’t do. Enabling Turbo Boost keep my cpu often on 3.9 max, I notice that because there’s always big on screen display and HWinfo64 run background to see average core clock on long run.

2. No0B

No0B Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If you go for the advanced model (which has the vapor chamber heatsink instead of a heatpipe design), the 1060 variant will yield better battery life in some situations (when connecting a screen via HDMI for example), but under non-3D workloads and the built-in screen they will be the same, as the battery performance will depend on the CPU and its integrated graphics. Noise is now less of a concern since Razer changed the default thermal compound to something better while review units and early units had a garbage thermal compound. They will both get pretty loud under full load, mostly thanks to CPU thermals. If the CPU is loaded, first the left fan will come on and will be joined by the right fan if the temperature continues to increase.

3. evilras

evilras Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I went for the 1070, as when i'm still using this in 3 years, the 1070 is 30% faster and I'll need that in a few years!

If you're getting the eGPU then doesnt matter!

Personally i'm happy with the performance and noise from my blade. And i've been playing game with the speakers on! (in balanced mode). But not paying attention to undervolts or anything else as i really dont have any issues with the device!

Joikansai likes this.
  4. JediTreasley

JediTreasley Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So, I'm going to be sending this back for a replacement. Hopefully the next one doesn't come 'used.' I hear all the time, looking a forums and such, how Razer has sent their laptops with missing screws, loose parts, scratched, but how many of you guys have delt with this?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  5. Michael A. Saldana

Michael A. Saldana Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    hey guys quick question for the base owners, I'm tyring to turn off the logo lighting in synapse and it just doesn't seem to show up in options... I did do a clean install of windows when I first purchased the machine so idk if it has anything to do with that.

6. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Since 2015 I bought from their Store 2 Blade (14 and 15) and one refurbished Blade stealth, even the refurbished one looks new with only no specs sticker. Maybe I’m lucky?
    No base model doesn’t have that feature. Backlight logo use same lighting with screen display, you can check by up/down the brightness it should be similar behavior, it likes previous FHD non touch model.

7. hteng

hteng Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    question to all owners, do the palm rest / battery section of your RB15 (advance) gets hot/warm while charging? does not even need to be on any heavy workload, Is this normal?

8. bernieyee

bernieyee Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Mine gets warm just watching videos with Turbo Boost disabled, lol.

9. hteng

hteng Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    you mean the palm rest area? and you are plugged in? I try to avoid plugging in too often or too long (unless im using it to game), usually charge between 40 - 80% battery, takes like.. 30mins and can last for quite a while on battery saving and undervolt settings.

10. el3c

el3c Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations: