Razer Blade 15.6" (GTX 1060/1070, 2018 edition) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by X33nbat, May 20, 2018.

1. iMbaQ

iMbaQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    That sucks man, you ordered before me too...

Btw I only got the GTX 1060 version and this thing gets hot like damn, it worries me can it really survive long term. Fans go loud but the fan noise isn’t whiny so it’s okay.

When doing productivity/light tasks, this machine gets quite warm and fan does come on for merely opening Visual Studio. Not too comfortable to use on lap for productivity.

Thinking if to stick to this or try my hands at a MBP 15.

2. Datus

Datus Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I replied yesterday but it looks like I failed.
    Have you completed your windows update as it runs a process in background scanning everything.
    Run task manager, performance tab and see if there are any spikes when your doing nothing.
    If there is on bottom click "open resource monitor" and find out what it is.
    The blade comes in balanced mode both windows and synapses.
    The above probably wont fix issue but its all about process of elimination.
    Good luck.

3. Datus

Datus Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Its launches it from AB that way and its handy to see it run whilst messing/monitoring.
    Took you long enough to join the club. My asus pred is almost 3 years old.
    Wait till you get it. No looking back now.

4. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Almost 2 years playing on 4K free sync monitor though never had amd cards, before getting Core and high end gpu, was playing on downscale to 1440p OC monitor to 75Hz, I’m too lazy changing resolution etc. With 3 Monitor now, I’ll try nvidia surrounds. Yes can’t wait 1440p 165Hz, Dreaming that 4K 144Hz though:D

5. CSHawkeye81

CSHawkeye81 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Anyone in the market for another power adapter? I have a brand new 230w that I will be listing later today for sale.

6. guregu

guregu Newbie

Reputations:
    Is anyone one else pissed that Razer did not announce the RazerCare extended warranty plans back on October 10th? That's when they announced the new Blade configs and the Razer Phone 2. I bought a Mercury White Blade 15 in late October and love it! It has little to no back light bleed and has performed great so far. I just really want the peace of mind that this thing will last me a few years.

It seems the only way to purchase the 2 year extended warranty is to sell my existing Blade 15 and buy a new one from Razer.com. I guess that is what I get for being an early adopter of the Mercury White edition :(

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  7. Darkhan

Darkhan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    did you call them about the warranty?

Normally you can purchase within a certain time frame?

8. evilras

evilras Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Ok so Amazon messed up. the courier lost the delivery. I asked for a replacement but they daftly refunded.

Luckily the cyber Monday discount is still there on Amazon, so I've reordered for delivery Wednesday this week.

On the plus side the dbrand skin arrived (red dragon skin looks good!), as well as the mamba elite mouse and firefly cloth mat.

And i spent some of this evening downloading a windows image and getting all the razer drivers on a usb stick ready for the SSD upgrade hopefully on wednesday night!!

9. evilras

Reputations:

Linus reviewed the razer blade base today.

Arondel and Joikansai like this.
  10. evilras

Reputations:
    So i have an HP spectre 15" with the i7 Vega chipset. It stays cool on the desk, but gets hot on my lap! I assume as its blocks the intakes it needs for cooling! Might be the same with the blade.

I've also seen people saying the blades run hot for a week or 2 as its doing windows updates and things for a while.