Razer Blade 15.6" (GTX 1060/1070, 2018 edition) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by X33nbat, May 20, 2018.

1. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Nope.

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 9.22.37 AM.png

2. Mattsin

Mattsin Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What's the panel type LG or BOE?

3. Dan D.

Dan D. Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    If I got in display properties, monitor, details - hardware IDs I see LGD05C0. So, looks like LG.

Another thing I noticed is on my black blade (same exact specs) I never hit in the 30s (c) during idle. Even after the repaste and undervolt with nothing running. Today, during boot up the new blade idled in the low 30s. Almost hit high 20s.

4. HAMSTERS

HAMSTERS Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Probably because the manufacturing process gets better over time, or new batches of motherboard, heat sink and chips.

Can you open up your blade and take a picture of it. I am kinda curious about how does it look inside, or anything different from black version?

5. iMbaQ

iMbaQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    2019 Razer Blade should be interesting.

The 9th gen CPU’s will mean the laptops will have an integrated WiFi controller with wave 2 radio.

It will also come with the new RTX GPU’s.

Hope they manage to improve the key backlighting to secondary keys - and perhaps find a way to use larger fans to reduce noise.

Perhaps a brighter HDR 1080p version of the 144hz screen on the horizon?

And please, Windows Hello!

6. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Can you upload some 3Dmark from your new Blade? Did you also run cinebench r15 the cpu?
    Yes and don’t be too rush releasing it like nvidia, I don’t want to see space invader on hdr Monitor:D

7. Dan D.

Reputations:
    I'll upload more soon. I ran Fire Strike so far and the score was almost identical to my black blade - 14,500 in gaming mode, both physics / graphics above 16,100.

The main difference was my temps were much lower, stock for stock, with the white one. My first Firestrike run on the black one yielded 100c cpu peak temps in gaming mode + throttling. My white one never broke 90c, same settings

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018 at 8:08 AM
    saturnotaku likes this.
  8. Erase

Erase Newbie

Reputations:
    That's strange as both have comparable results. Normally, you should see the throttling.

9. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    That’s great to hear, means they improved it.
    Do you mean power limit throttling? There should no thermal throttling on firestrike even on gaming mode or max OC via afterburner, that power Limit keep the cpu going hotter on non bad unit. Got similar 14,5K gaming mode no thermal throttling max 80ish, with afterburner 210/700 15,3K overall also no thermal throttling only some core jumping to low 90ish. First batch with limited edition black vapor chamber;)

10. Dan D.

Reputations:
    Well to specify, the black blade hit 100c on my first firestrike test and throttled. Because of this my physics score dipped to low 15k instead of 16k+. So my overall score was in the 13xxxs. After this I undervolted and I achieved 14,400 - 14,500, but still high 90 temps.