Razer Blade 15.6" (GTX 1060/1070, 2018 edition) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by X33nbat, May 20, 2018.

1. iMbaQ

iMbaQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Like I said, it is likely to depend on the game. I don't play those games and they may not be impacted greatly by I/O throughput like the games I play.

Again comparing Stealth vs Blade 15 isn't really relevant as this is an issue that affects desktop systems, which are far more powerful than these two machines. All it tells me is the games aren't that greatly affected by HDD vs SSD.

Joikansai likes this.
  2. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Just tested loading time from save file 2,5 hdd and internal 970 evo, two different games but same franchise Assassin Creed Origins and Odyssey on Blade 15, it’s both almost around 30 seconds similar on this game. On stealth I can make a cup of coffee until the save file loaded;) Yes right, it’s unfair comparing with stealth a lot weaker like dual cores cpu. I don’t have desktop to test though, but it’s known as cpu killer game. On Vampyr which isn’t so demanding I can play on that dual core stealth 4K high and pretty fast loaded from hdd plugged on core, maybe the texture is easier to render (mostly, night and dark scenes) or it’s well optimized, idk exactly though.

3. iMbaQ

Reputations:
    On some games, like Path Of Exile, with an HDD, they were waiting minutes, just to load an area. On an SSD, it never takes 10 seconds (usually 1-3 seconds), let alone minutes! And this is on i7-8700k+ machines. That is one example, but other games also suffer so badly on HDD that an SSD is almost a requirement for the game.

4. djcgeez2189

djcgeez2189 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So anyone with the Razer core. Does that allow the CPU to run full power no power or thermal throttling since it wont be sharing power and cooling with the gpu?

5. Datus

Datus Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Guys, just a head up, Steam have a 3DMark sale on. 75% off.
    For people who have 3DMark but bought some time back the option for 3DMark Time Spy upgrade is also 75% off.
    For me £1.74 rather than £6.99

Joikansai likes this.
  6. Joikansai

Reputations:
    Just tried the game, installed on steam folder external hdd for testing loading didn’t take 10 seconds.
    No cpu still has power limit throttle, this isn’t thermal related things, I believe it’s ec firmware or other things that they set inside bios setting or something like that. Actually using egpu will push more cpu usage on ultrabook but on gaming laptop cpu that is being used to work with dGPU, I think by changing it to TB3 PCIe3 port with lower bandwidth made the cpu works is cooler, of course that TB3 bandwidth as trade off of full gpu performance. On Alienware Graphics Amplifier which isn’t TB3 connection but more to PCIe desktop connection I saw similar 8750H cpu with lower Firestrike physical score which I assumed thermal throttling, but graphics was way better than mine due better gpu connection though.

7. iMbaQ

Reputations:
    When you say loading, I hope you don’t mean game start up?

You’ll have to play the game a lot more to get to the areas which basically are unplayable for a HDD user who wants to move areas rapidly and multiple timed within a minute. YouTube/Reddit examples if you wish.

8. Kyle Shirley

Kyle Shirley Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys, I've got a question that I cant find an answer to anywhere else. Is there a way to have the screen refresh rate change from 144hz to 60hz automatically when on battery? And vice versa. It's just annoying to have to change it manually every time in Synapse

9. Joikansai

Reputations:
    Yes i don’t play mmo actually, an hour playing it made my hand hurts:oops: Only curious of the loading time.

saturnotaku likes this.
  10. Bones13

Bones13 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    not that I have found. it has to be toggled in Synapse. Using throttlestop, you can have CPU related activities have different settings when on battery/AC.

I would love a small configuration program, that showed in the taskbar or tray that displayed the screen refresh, and when you click on it, have it toggle to the other speed.

Kyle Shirley likes this.