Razer Blade 15.6" (GTX 1060/1070, 2018 edition) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by X33nbat, May 20, 2018.

1. Aslan Myles

Aslan Myles Newbie

Reputations:
    Yes, I use external monitors with closed lid, and as I understand when I want to play game I have to keep it open. Thank you for respond

hmscott likes this.
  2. cn555ic

cn555ic Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I have to say after using the 1060 with 144hz refresh rate, this laptop is superb for gaming. I love it. Only concern is the top of the key board gets super hot. The rest of the keyboard is warm to touch. I love everything about it except the price tag.

3. djcgeez2189

djcgeez2189 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    yes I had the 13r3 with the oled panel and this is better in every way imaginable. just dont get the 1060 maq Q version

4. djcgeez2189

djcgeez2189 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    that could be a pasting job even playing some of the most intense games like crisis 3, Wolfenstein 2 and 4 hours of overwatch at 120+ fps and 90+ usage my gpu is around 68-74c and my cpu is 75-80c no undervolt I repasted with icdiamond7 those temps either yours getting poor contact or you used too much compound

5. cn555ic

cn555ic Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That’s what I have. What is wrong with 1060 version ?

6. Petrov

Petrov Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Just a small note for folks who bought the extended protection plan through Microsoft (the four year warranty). I received an email today from https://www.myprotectionplan360.com which asked me to create login credentials and, once I did so, had details of my 2022 warranty for my RB15 (including my serial number). It also had the fair market value of the laptop, which was the full retail price excluding any available Microsoft discounts at purchase - which I thought was interesting. I have no idea why I got this email, but it looks like MS eventually get around to registering your warranty with their warranty/service provider.

7. CSHawkeye81

CSHawkeye81 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    4th power adapter died on me and it was horrid! Was playing a game and heard a loud POP! from the adapter and it even took out the circuit breaker. Luckily the laptop was fine but I am sick and tired of worrying about faulty power adapters. Great laptop, just the quality control is suspect.

8. hackness

hackness Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Wow.. I've been through HP, Sony, ASUS, Clevo and MSI, never seen anything like this, breaking for the 4th time from the same brand. You must be really lucky or maybe the voltage isn't stable from the wall.

9. CSHawkeye81

CSHawkeye81 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    All 4 were in different rooms/scenarios.

10. darkloki

darkloki Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I agree I have the same exact system but I undervolted mine (Thanks to the help of forum member fedd12233) and i turned off turbo on the CPU. Sometimes depending on what I'm doing I change the 144 hz refresh to 60 but my temps are great now. Mind you i only game in the after hours at the office or at home and it's always very cool around 70 degrees.