Razer Blade 15.6" (GTX 1060/1070, 2018 edition) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by X33nbat, May 20, 2018.

1. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Didn’t do that on purpose just accidentally dropped it on asphalt, cracked but still usable even the force touch function is fine, saw some friends also using the scratch display phone. It’s 2 years old phone so I’m okay but if it’s brands new iPhone X, I’ll cry;)
    I’ll give that a try, my new evo 960 is somehow lowering graphics performance, I think that’s why a lot users hardly break15K on Firestrike, placing back the original SSD, it’s normally 15~K...weird. Hope that one will not effect gpu performance.

2. improwise

improwise Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Unless something has changed recently, that's because in bootcamp, the dGPU is always active. And Apple does not put all that much effort into drivers etc.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

3. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Oh forgot mentioned my MacBook Pro is 13 inch one.

4. paradigm

paradigm Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Well I managed to get the bios updated, just required a full of format. Good news is I am able to hit a 7+ hour battery life that's wifi use running in battery saver mode (that has appeared in my WinX battery profile and 25% brightness). I couple this with synapse's balanced profile and run the refresh rate to 60Hz. At this moment there are no XTU profiles to underclock etc.

Joikansai likes this.
  5. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Is the battery life improvement because of bios update or it has nothing to do with that?

6. pitha1337

pitha1337 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hi, could someone please tell me where to find the newest BIOS for the Blade 15 "1070" model? Can`t find it on the official support website. Was it removed because of issues? Currently running on BIOS V1.03

7. phusho

phusho Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    the link is inside how to pdf

8. paradigm

paradigm Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Go into the RB15's support page (with all the drivers) there you will find a PDF(to download) open that PDF and in there is a hyperlink to get you the BIOS

9. paradigm

paradigm Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Well since the BIOS, i was able to maintain a Battery Saver profile that wasn't there by default ( winx default profiles, not in synapse or anything) and then the Battery estimates started to show when i began to highlight the battery in the taskbar. So with my profile as above that is the battery life i can manage. Now 7+ was an estimate, as i never sat with a watch to let it run out, i was just installing software and bringing the laptop upto my requirements, so i wasn't benching it or running anything extensive, and i cruised through 4 hours with atleast another 4 Hours+ showing on the battery estimates. Also to note the Fans don't stay as revved up as on the 1.03.

Joikansai likes this.
  10. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It’s great! I’ve still on 1.03, they took off bios 1.05 update from support page. I downloaded it before and have it though, just see several days if there’s no issues I’ll update it but from your experience i can’t wait it actually;) I can live with 5 hours battery life, well at least atm.