Razer Blade 15.6" (GTX 1060/1070, 2018 edition) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by X33nbat, May 20, 2018.

1. darkloki

darkloki Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Scratches like that give it character

2. paradigm

paradigm Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Well are you experiencing any issues? .I have even tried using the safe mode to update the thing, currently of cant get it to charge while off, which is interesting considering i have "the current most EC".

3. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    After installing SSD? No, only at first run Firestrike score was lower than 15K, after trying seconds run it back again even better around 15,2K with my old profile 210/700. I wouldn’t doing bios update if i don’t have issues with current bios, especially it states only trackpad Linux fix which I don’t use at all. EC Update is apparently not saved on ssd, somewhere on motherboard since after putting new ssd and it stated so when I tried to install EC 1.02 the latest EC update, and I checked I can charge on power off lid closed condition.
    Yes to my under €500 value iphone screen, I like having scratches on it, kind cool... But not on my €2K Blade;)

4. salada2k

salada2k Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If you can put up with scratches on your iPhone screen then you aren't that OCD....

Vistar Shook likes this.
  5. Petrov

Petrov Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes, me too! I noticed because I closed my lid, as normal, but the laptop kept running and then the fans started revving up while the lid was closed!

On reading this post I went to my power settings and lid actions and, like you guys, it was set to "do nothing", as was pressing the power button (which I changed to force sleep).

6. Chris Marshall

Chris Marshall Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I added an XPG ADATA 480GB NVME SSD and it runs at 30-40c max even while transfering huge files.
    It comes with a heatsink/thermal paste applied.

Joikansai likes this.
  7. childprotectorofthenight

childprotectorofthenight Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Today was a semi sad day. Ended up returning my Blade 15 4K. After the nightmare of Razer CS and 2 week waiting period that was literally the biggest F up I’ve experienced it finally went back in the Amazon box. I charged it back up twice just for a definitive battery test and used my iPhone timer. 3 hours 37min for everyday use/browsing/watching YouTube here or there. 3:17 for a Netflix loop. Anyone know why the battery life is terrible with an 80 watt. The Mac has a battery that’s about 76watts and gets 10 hours. Does OS really make that much of a difference?

8. CSHawkeye81

CSHawkeye81 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Dam that sucks to hear. Lucky for me having that 2nd power cord has helped but the battery life for me with the 1080p version has been great!

9. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    In Battery department yes OSX better than windows, on boot camp I had also similar worst battery life than OSX roughly around half battery life eat windows on old MacBook Pro. On 4K Blade it would around that, maybe with the time it’ll be better. First time i had also bad battery life with Blade 15 FHD 1070, was not 4 hours but now it can reach 5 hours, still worst compared to other that has 6 or even 9 hours I saw on YouTube Battery Test though.

10. djcgeez2189

djcgeez2189 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes there is a big difference in optimizations but that being said windows does a lot in the background so there are tweaks you can do that will net you much better battery life. You should be able to get 5 hours of normal use