Razer Blade 15.6" (GTX 1060/1070, 2018 edition) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by X33nbat, May 20, 2018.

1. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $$ on FILTH

Reputations:
    Is this meant as a Joke?

And Razer’s several hardware engineers or QC personnel can guarantee no boiling SSDs?

As I said in my previous posts. This is about lowering costs.

2. Assault

Assault Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The purpose of the costing is to retain heat inside the chamber, without it the heat will soak everything around it. Most laptops use pipes but the vapor chamber will likely throw out a ton of heat. The dissipation of heat would be helpful for CPU temps but not for every component around it, or your lap. The longevity for the unit could suffer from this move. Razer and their 1 year warranties... I highly advise everyone purchasing a blade from this point forward to buy from a Microsoft with an extended warranty.

3. childprotectorofthenight

childprotectorofthenight Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It’s Razer. They don’t mention anything until being called out on Social Media. I had the same thing after posting my problems with CS. Totally agree. I have the new blade 15 4K and can confirm no black coating.

4. George24

George24 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just looks like a half finished product to me!

5. George24

George24 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    In forced air examples such as this vapour chamber design your right.

6. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Ah, you’re the one with 4K copper color vapor chamber. Didn’t you have FHD one before? Is there any temperature improvement with that uncoated model?

7. biklas7

biklas7 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    It seems that various persons here have unpainted units. Have you noticed any impact on performance or temps? Could you post some benchmarks or HWMonitor screenshots or something? :)

I personally don't own one, but I'm seriously considering buying one. But for that kind of money I'm kind of reluctant. I also was considering buying the Aero 15X but it is plagued with software issues and crashes very often if you don't have it properly set up. o_O

8. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I’m also curious about that, saw also ssd thermal pad applied by them from factory, it also cost money if anyone think that they only do that for lowering production cost, there’s a difference between “reducing cost” and “Kaizen” (improvement). I asked also user that reported it on Reddit if there’s thermal issues, no answer yet. Ended up with conclusion that there’s thermal improvement with that. To me lower temperature means more room for overclocking:) So I would send mine to them to exchange vapor chamber if there’s some advantages for user without that coating and break magic 15,5K Firestrike;)

9. CSHawkeye81

CSHawkeye81 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    So my 2TB M.2 SSD has memory chips on both sides. Is it ok for me to put thermal pads on both sides? Just want to make sure it does not cause any issues with the system board.

10. childprotectorofthenight

childprotectorofthenight Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Haha I do have a copper color vapor chamber. Yes I also had the FHD one as well. I have worse temps on my 4K model compares with the prior FHD Haven’t figured out if it’s a bade paste job or the copper yet.

raz8020, Vistar Shook and Joikansai like this.