Razer Blade 15.6" (GTX 1060/1070, 2018 edition) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by X33nbat, May 20, 2018.

1. Assault

Assault Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    got it, thank you. I'm likely just going to keep my blade, i honestly get by fine without the extra wattage and have the temps down to an acceptable level. However if i do decide to have it RMA'd do you suggest i take out my LM evidence and apply paste again? Can't do anything about the fujipoly pads though.

2. Nmogas

Nmogas Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi guys,

This is probably the dumbest question, but could some post a picture or so on how to disconnect the battery?

Most videos I see people just don’t disconnect it, even for repaste which seems a bit odd.

Thanks

hmscott likes this.
  3. MakoschDeluxe

MakoschDeluxe Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone! Got my Blade 15 (512 SSD, 1060, 144Hz) on Wednesday. So far, I'm quite happy with it. However, I have experienced one weird issue/problem and am looking for a possible solution/workaround. So basically the battery will only charge when the laptop is running and the power chord is plugged in or if I turn off the laptop/put in sleep mode with the power chord plugged in. It won't charge when the laptop is powered off and I only plug in the power chord after the laptop has shut down. Anyone else having this issue? Kinda seems like a software/firmware issue to me (rather than a hardware one). Don't wanna RMA this thing due to such a stupid/annoying issue.

Kind regards
    Max

hmscott likes this.
  4. Firebat246

Firebat246 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Just got my replacement Blade... wanted to let you guys know it was assembled on 7/18 so I do have the latest batch. I will provide any more details worth sharing as I test it today and over the weekend.

hmscott likes this.
  5. Petrov

Petrov Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You going to open it again or keep the screws in tight..?:)

hmscott likes this.
  6. Firebat246

Firebat246 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    haha well I do have to put my 2tb SSD in with the thermal pad mod so at the very least open it up once.

hmscott likes this.
  7. xXHeadyXx

xXHeadyXx Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    how can i see wich batch i have ? cause im gonna get mine tomorrow from amazon :D

8. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It stated on the box, mine assembled in China 6/18, that’s month and year I believe.
    Saw other users reported this on Razer forum, I don’t have that issue though. On power off condition it’s still charging. You can PM staff there, he said that to user with the issue on that thread.

Vistar Shook likes this.
  9. bernieyee

bernieyee Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    From taking a look at the photos, there are some screws that hold down the battery. Once you remove the screws, you should be able to lift up the battery and remove a single connector that goes to the motherboard. I don't have previous experience with Razer laptops, but the ones I did work with were all like this.

Try removing only the top two screws first since I'm not sure which ones are actually holding down the battery.

On a side-note, I stripped a few of my Blade's screws. Not sure how, maybe my iFixit screwdriver isn't as good as I thought.15 minutes with support and they are sending me 15 replacement screws.

Also ordered some Gelid GP-Extreme thermal pads, both 1.5mm and 2mm for the ICC heatsink and my MX300 SSD. They have a thermal conductivity of 12W/mK. Very cheap off QuietPC even with shipping. https://www.quietpc.com/gelid-gp-pads

Attached Files:

10. X33nbat

X33nbat Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just for reference, some people may be wondering when their machine was assembled. You can tell from the serial number.
    For example, here is a picture of an older Blade I found on the internets (from ifixit I think):
    [​IMG]
    The serial number "BY1336102400025" is coded like this:
    "BY" = manufacturer code. In this case it stands for BYD, Build Your Dreams, who currently makes all of Razer's Blades.
    "1336" = Date code. This machine was assembled the 36th week of 2013.
    "1024" = product code. Not sure of the exact significance, but it should identify the product and possibly the skew. Not sure how this is different from the product or model number.
    "00025" = sequential # of units built that week, so this was the 25th machine assembled in week 36 of 2013. This is the last bit that makes your SN unique.