Razer Blade 15.6" (GTX 1060/1070, 2018 edition) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by X33nbat, May 20, 2018.

1. Dida86

Dida86 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I agree when everything works fine, actually I just downloaded my games, played for testing, then I got these framedrops and hickups and then I checked the temps. But the screen... I mean...for 1400-1500€ fine, ok, but for 2250€...nope

2. Firebat246

Firebat246 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Are you getting fps drops in every game? Define hickups?

3. Dida86

Reputations:
    E.g. in pubg, standing around, doing nothing, fps dropped from 70ish to 50 something, the Blade then ramped up it's fans, in Rise of the Tomb Raider it dropped from 60ish to 40s in the same way. Also, every task in windows, stuff that wasnt loaded into RAM took long, freezing the whole machine, this happened also ingame while loading textures a.s.o

4. paradigm

paradigm Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Guys, what do you think about the display cable running over the vapour chamber? My concerns are that the heat levels at the structure must be doing something to that display cable, and despite insulation materials that thing must be prone to damage placed the way it is. Reason is I have a very dear friend who wants to buy this, despite my best efforts has his heart set for this unit, I wanted to give home an unbiased answer to this question (which incidentally I raised )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Firebat246

Firebat246 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I know that if you don't set up nvidia control panel to always use the dedicated gpu.. you CAN get some hiccups due do switching back and forth from integrated gpu. However it seems like your problem may step a little deeper, as I don't have that issue on my Blade. Maybe try a fresh OS install first/fresh drivers etc and see how that fairs. I assure you that it's not supposed to run that way.

6. Dida86

Reputations:
    I totally believe you but the whole screen issue and the hickups made me send it back, as for now I will stay with my current devices :)

7. Peter_p

Peter_p Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys, great topic!
    Simple question: Can you force this laptop to be very quiet or even ALWAYS run TOTALLY silent, without the fans kicking in randomly.
    And if yes, how gimped will it be?
    I want to use it for audio recording/ editing so silence is a big must. Switching to the onboard GPU during recording sessions is no problem, but I do need some RAM and processor power.
    And do all the power bricks make noise or is that just bad luck for some?
    Noise production is preventing me from buying this laptop instead of the Aero15x
    Many thanks!

8. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Disabling nvidia gpu through device manager? Mine is actually dead silent when watching movies or other light tasks. Maybe because I disable turbo boost?
    No ac adapter buzzing isn’t normal, mine doesn’t buzz.

9. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Mine actually has minimum backlight bleed a bit on bottom and a bit on top I’ve to change it to black background to really see it, though on normal usage I don’t see that. Did anyone get perfect one? also including MSI gs65 and Aero 15x with 144Hz Panel, tell me if you have one, i saw even worse on those brands. Could be display manufacturer issue. The performance and other features just keep me closing my eyes on that issue, and it’s €2450...well got a bit 5% tricky price;)

10. pdagal

pdagal Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If you happened to watch my review, you know that I had concerns about this too. So I asked Razer and they asked their systems engineers. Here's the answer I received:

"Regarding the cable across the heatsink on the Blade 15” – we are aware that this may be concerning to some, given both the heat and delicacy in removal should a user want to perform a memory upgrade. The systems engineering team did get back to me with 'the cable is designed to withstand temps well above 100c, so no concerns short term or long term with the way it is routed over the vapor chamber.'"