Razer blade 15 2021 Rtx 3000

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Joikansai, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Preorder opened for shipping in March
    https://www.razer.com/gaming-laptops/razer-blade
    3080 can run flight simulator apparently great see on last minute videos.

Unfortunately no amd option still oldies CPU:( Fingers cross on next update.:)

2. Muezick

Muezick Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm pretty hype - Strong chance I'll buy one of these, but not 100% sold. Was seriously hoping to get a fatty AMD CPU. Gonna wait to see what other brands are offering. As much as I dislike ASUS, their current lineup is looking most preem for amd + High end GPU.

I am guessing Intel Subsidizes razers use of their chips and their engineers are just kinda stuck with it. Might see some AMD offerings in 2022 but I'll also not be shocked if we just don't see anything on that front any time soon (Like next several years)

Have had such an amazing experience with my 2018 base though so ... I may wind up getting one.

Joikansai likes this.
  3. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Me too damn AMD brought a great CPU LoL. Heck even 3060 it’ll be huge upgrade over my 1070maxq that serves me well this 2,5 years. Still confused about the configuration since I’ve stealth pairing with 3070 Egpu and don’t want it goes earlier on pension if 3080 outperform it which I think would be.

4. Qwaarjet

Qwaarjet Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    So who's gonna try the first 1440P panel swap on their 2019/2020 ;)

5. Muezick

Reputations:
    Got my eye on the 3070 QHD unit. 3080 might out perform a TB3 attached desktop 3070 - It'll DEFINITELY have more Vram though! LOL (I cannot believe nvidia jebaited again so hard with that ****, again. can't wait for middle of year and them to announce 3080 Ti and 3070 Ti) (EDIT: never mind, I thought the website said 16GB of VRAM initially, but it seems to have been changed to 8 ... odd.)

*weeps in 2018 Base unit*

For real. I look forward to hearing about whether or not this works. Good luck pal!

6. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I saw one, it was out of my league, difficulty level is :eek:ultra nightmare. Though I was using 1440p 165Hz predator back then, kind nice can have it internal.

7. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    If you're not seeing an AMD version of the Blade this time around, I'd say it's all but certain one will never exist. Pretty disappointing that Razer had to be right here, right now and not wait for proper 6/8-core Tiger Lake H CPUs to become available.

8. Muezick

Reputations:
    RIght that's kinda my take too. I am sure there are internal reasons for it. This year if they noticeably lose sales to AMD and can prove it, maybe next year, but I agree. If we ever seen one, it won't be any time soon.

I am kinda shocked they are shipping with last years CPUs too though.

9. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It’s because lazy intel and unfortunate Razer for sticking with them, not all their fault, if they wait till intel put out tigerlake H it’ll be like waiting forever and loose competition, considering in 2019 there was early and mid model 15 probably this year as well. Other brands like MSI still using comet lakes aren’t they I think only Lenovo and Asus cleaned AMD CPUs. Forget about the cpu but hey we’ve unique 1440p 240Hz with apparently adaptive sync that can enable kind g sync and optimus on advanced model, I think I’m not seeing this screen option on other brands, I might pass it though.

10. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    The new Lenovo Legion 7 is 16-inch, 2560x1600 with adaptive sync at 165 Hz.