Razer Blade 14 + Intel 6300 Compatiblity?

Discussion in 'Razer' started by neosis, Sep 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neosis

neosis Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It's good to have a partner in crime on this one. There's only a fraction of people using razer laptops compared to something like alienware. I'll be back in a few days to post my results.

2. neosis

Reputations:
    so i formatted my hard drive, installed an extra antenna again looped around in the internals so the cover could still be screwed on). installed an intel 6300, ran the killer cleaner before formatting and after formatting before installing intel 6300 drivers on windows 7 x64. it did not work. i cannot connect to 2.4ghz networks, including 802.11n 2.4ghz. I can only connect to my 5Ghz 802.11n network with this intel card installed.

I also tried removing the extra antenna and slapped in an intel 6250 (which works fine in my wife's alienware m14x mind you) and the same problem is occurring as with the 6300 (Windows could not connect to X, where X is the name of my 2.4ghz 802.11g network).

Finally, I bought a linksys dual band usb wifi adapter (AE2500). i installed the drivers for it and was able to connect to both my 2.4ghz and my 5ghz networks without a problem.

perhaps one of these possible scenarios are true?
    1. the bios in this laptop has some sort of limitation as to which wireless cards it is compatible with (which could likely be fixed by a bios update?)
    2. there is something weird about the antennas? does it have something to do with the integrated bluetooth on the killer card? of course my intel 6250 also has bluetooth...
    3. there is a chipset update required for this chipset to make it compatible with the intel 6300 and 6250. this would be ironic, since this is an intel chipset...
    4. some combination of the above 3 items
    5. something scary/unfixable

3. Viralistic

Viralistic Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    ^ Not looking forward to this at ALL!! Man, hope I didn't waste $30.00. LOL

I am currently in College for IT-Programming. (Computer Science) So if I can't figure it out, I am sure one of my uber nerd classmates can! I will keep in touch and get back to you when I get it!

4. mario64

mario64 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    What router do you have and do you have it set to the same ssid on both 2.4 and 5? I had a similar issue with my 6235 which could only be fixed by either a) disabling 5ghz or b) setting it to use a diff ssid. No problems at all afterward

5. neosis

Reputations:
    my ssid's have different names. One has an N in the name and one has a G in the name. keep in mind that literally none of my laptops (except for the blade with a non-killer wifi card), apple TV's, ipads, iphones, my nest thermostat, ps3, nor wireless printer have any issues whatsoever. I appreciate your help but your approach is trying to solve problems which aren't there.

linksys E3000 is my dualband router

6. neosis

Reputations:
    Where'd you go man? did you have any luck with your intel AC card?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.