Razer Blade 14" (1060 GPU/late 2016) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by reloader-1, Oct 12, 2016.

1. bradleyjb

bradleyjb Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Excellent! Hopefully that means that Microsoft will have them soon too and I can swap out for a new one.

2. darkloki

darkloki Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Could someone quickly tell me the pros and cons of Touch Gloss screen vs Matte non-touch... I'm inclined to go with the non-touch but I just want to be sure I'm not missing something that I don't already know about the touch experience in conjunction with Windows 10.

3. mario64

mario64 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have a 2015 Blade QHD and have literally never touched the screen once. In fact, I have it disabled. It's useless if you ask me. Also, the resolution is nice for movies but useless for gaming. I can only game at 1080p. That combined with the fact that there are still Windows apps which aren't HiDpi compliant is why I went FHD this time

spiralzz and darkloki like this.
  4. darkloki

darkloki Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thanks Mario! that's what I needed to hear, I assumed as much but thought it would be best I ask just in case because since apple released their touchbar I started wondering if there is this wave of touch that I'm perhaps missing out on and should consider, lol. But guess not moving right along :)

5. Micaiah

Micaiah Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    bradleyjb likes this.
  6. Lunatics

Lunatics Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So you're going to attempt to repaste it? Good luck and please get good information to compare stock vs your repaste as it seems to be hit or miss attempting to repaste.

7. Eason

Eason Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    If you repaste, use a HDT-specialized paste. Assuming they're still doing direct pipe contact (which is really ****ty, imo), of course.

8. Micaiah

Micaiah Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Good to know, thank you for the heads up. I may not do a repaste for now, as the temperatures seems to be okay. I've managed to play GTA V for a few hours and the fans have stayed in the mid-40 decibels range, much better fan noise control compared to my 2015 FHD model.

9. Firebat246

Firebat246 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I canceled my order through Razer and went through amazon so I should have my blade on nov 4th. I went with FHD as I have the QHD Blade now. FHD will be the overall better experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iPhantomhives likes this.
  10. reloader-1

reloader-1 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Repasting has generally turned out quite poorly for those who have tried it on Razer Blades. There was a pretty infamous one sometime in 2014 that even the CEO of Razer chimed in on. I wouldn't recommend it, as you are definitely blowing your warranty if you do so...

iPhantomhives likes this.