Razer Blade 14" (1060 GPU/late 2016) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by reloader-1, Oct 12, 2016.

1. JustGary

JustGary Newbie

Reputations:
    Well I watch a Pbhenry3 video where he mentioned having some VRM failures where it seems like the VRM heated up quite badly and the pads melted down, I don't trust razer's OG pads.

Here is the Video:

2. Vistar Shook

Vistar Shook Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Arctic thermal pads will work fine, but I don't remember the thickness needed. 1mm for sure, but not sure if 1.5mm or 0.5mm is needed as well. Some places Razer just used thermal paste, so perhaps some k5 pro as well would help.

JustGary likes this.
  3. JustGary

JustGary Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys, I got another question.

I was thinking about flashing the 2017 vBIOS on my 2016 blade using nvflash as proposed by sproyd
    I downloaded nvflash 5.287 but if I type nvflash --list on an administrator command prompt, I get a "No NVIDIA display adapters found." error message.

Anybody has any idea on what I am doing wrong?

EDIT: Well I solved the issues by using the latest version of nvflash on techpowerup (https://www.techpowerup.com/download/nvidia-nvflash-with-board-id-mismatch-disabled/)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    Vistar Shook likes this.
  4. JustGary

JustGary Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys, me again, (Sorry for the double post)

Does anyone know if there are any good third party power brick for the late 2016 RB14?

I think that my power adapter is dying (Started discharging while gaming but quite fast, battery fully drained within few hours of gaming) and I would like to check what my options are before it dies.
    Also the original charger is like 160 € here in Europe so f*ck razer for the rip-off ...

I've seen people mentioning a 180 W Delta Electronics (Used for MSI laptop) but I'm not too sure (would the difference in Wattage pose a problem?)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  5. Vistar Shook

Reputations:
    Most important is Voltage and Polarity. The amps and thus watts just has to equal or greater than the original. Sorry can't help with the correct replacement model, since I got my replacement from Razer.

Vasudev likes this.
  6. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    I just acquired one of these for free since it was "broken"...all it needed was a EC reset.

However, the fan speed SUCKS on this thing. Even on idle the fan speed is quite high. I want to have the fans off at idle.....already modded the BIOS and adjusted the settings there but they do not seem to take effect. Liquid ultra on the CPU, mastergel maker on the GPU since Razer was so kind to not give us a flat surface to work with.

Vistar Shook likes this.
  7. Vistar Shook

Reputations:
    Yeah the fan curve is controlled by the EC and not by the BIOS, unfortunately. The skylake model does have the fan running all the time, but they did release an EC update to make it run at a lower RPM when idling. The Kabylake version the fans are off when idling/low temps.

8. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    Razer is full of fvcking incompetent retards I swear to god

Papusan likes this.
  9. Terreos

Terreos Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah when I first got my blade 14 with 6700hq it was noticable at idle. Once they released the update it made a world of difference. At the time I was finishing up college and was afraid it was too loud at idle and everyone was gonna judge me for being that guy with a load computer during a lecture. :oops:

Vistar Shook likes this.
  10. SaniTaRiuM.bR

SaniTaRiuM.bR Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi guys, can someone who owns a 2017 RB 14 provide the 4.02 BIOS?
    I need the dump version, since I'll have to program it with the chip programmer.

Thanks in advance :)

Vistar Shook likes this.