Razer Blade 14" (1060 GPU/late 2016) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by reloader-1, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Vistar Shook

Vistar Shook Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Not that I know of, but once opened, you go to device manager, monitor, properties, details, hardware ID to find out which monitor you have. Check for backlight bleed, AUO ones tend to have more. Temperature wise, most are fine for the thin and light design, and under control after undervolting. you can run something that stresses the cpu, like prime95 or occt, and monitor with hwinfo64 to see if it is normal for a RB and any large core differential temps.

2. morph2k4

morph2k4 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Has anyone successfully installed Windows 7 on a 2016 blade? I've gotten through the installation and almost everything is working, but I've got two major issues:

1. The trackpad doesn't work
    2. Synapse doesn't recognize the system

For the trackpad, I've tried a bunch of different Synapics drivers, but none seem to work. If I force install them through driver update, the device manager will recognize the touchpad as Synaptics (instead of HID-Device), but nothing seems to make it register input.

For Synapse, this mostly means I can't control keyboard backlight. It does a slow spectrum rotation. If I can't get full synapse control of the keyboard, I would definitely settle for something static. Is it possible to just modify whatever the default config is somehow?

I have a feeling that one or both of these problems may stem from the lack of an intel IO driver. That was one of the few drivers from Razer that doesn't work on win 7. Is it possible that this is why the mouse and keyboard aren't properly recognized? Does anyone know where I can get a compatible driver if so? I tried installing a similar looking win7 driver from lenovo. It installed fine, but I can't tell if it's doing anything. Definitely didn't fix either prolbem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3. sk3tch

sk3tch Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hi guys,

Trying to install the TPM update, which requires a BIOS unlock (wtf?) - so I am here: https://insider.razerzone.com/index.php?threads/razer-blade-2016-bios-mod.14368/ - and can't find the AMI tools. Google searches have come up empty. Everything that I have read indicates you need to unlock your BIOS so you can access the TPM menus in the BIOS so you can disable for the update...using a Razer Blade 14 v5 (GTX 1060) with the latest (official) firmware.

Thanks for any help!

4. Vistar Shook

Reputations:
    PMed you with instructions.

Vasudev and sk3tch like this.
  5. Vistar Shook

Reputations:
    Glad it worked....I know, ridiculous on Razer's part for releasing an update for the RB late 2016, but you need to disabled TPM in the Bios which is not available. The update works fine for the RB 2017 since it has TPM in the Bios available.
    Do you undervolt your RB? Now that the bios is unlocked, you can undervolt in the Bios if you like.
    in the overclocking menu, set core and ring to adaptive, negative offset, and the value you use (i.e. 100mV).
    Don't change anything else you are not familiar with, because it might cause the system to not boot....requiring a CMOS reset.

6. sk3tch

sk3tch Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I have not gotten into undervolting, yet. Is 100mV what you recommend? It seems we have identical systems outside of the SSD. :) I just picked this up as a stopgap until Ampere laptops come out (hopefully Summer/Fall). Love it!

7. Vistar Shook

Reputations:
    Yes I do recommend undervolting. It will help bring down the temps by 5C or more.

8. sk3tch

sk3tch Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Funny:

"
    Where can I find the TPM updater that was previously on the Razer Website?
    With some models of the Razer Blade, users experienced issues when using the updater and were unable to successfully complete the update. Razer engineers are currently working on an updated version of the updater. Please stay tuned for the updated version that will be released on the website as soon as it is available.
    "
    http://support.razerzone.com/gaming-laptops/razer-blade-v5/

Vistar Shook likes this.
  9. Vistar Shook

Reputations:
    right, most likely because of users couldn't disable TPM in the BIOS to install the update.

10. Vistar Shook

Reputations:
    But you already installed it right? The update itself should be the same, just that will probalby include in the update the automatic disabling of TPM in the Bios for models older than the RB2017. TPM update is available for the RB2017, since it doesn't have this issue.