Razer Blade 14" (1060 GPU/late 2016) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by reloader-1, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Appdev84

Appdev84 Newbie

Reputations:
    Anyone know what the "CN" pads on the razer motherboard mean? I have a used one I just got and CN20 has a wire to it connecting it to CN19

2. qwertqwertt

qwertqwertt Newbie

Reputations:
    Does someone here has the Razer Blade EC Fix (v4.0).
    I've heard that this will help me with temps on may Blade,
    which are currently 97 C on the CPU and 90 C on the GPU...

PS I've already re-pasted it with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut and underclocked it to -170 mV.

3. Vistar Shook

Vistar Shook Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The EC Fix won't help with the temperatures exactly, but it will solve the BDProchot issue that was triggered at a too low of a temperature.
    You should try repasting it again, those temperatures are not good. Did you replace the thermal pads? I repasted mine and the temps are good.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/il0tz3f18ab4rfg/BladeUpdater_v1.0.4.9.exe

4. RugbyPlayer

RugbyPlayer Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I recently bought the blade and I'm reading through older threads. Ive seen a few things like upgrading from c2-c4 or something along those lines. Is that still necessary? Also what tests should I be running on this to make sure its up to par with performance?

Also my wifi...IS GARBAGE. I'm getting less than 10 MBPS download. is the WIFI a common issue with these?

5. Vistar Shook

Reputations:
    Uninstall Killer Networks Software and install the driver from the KN website.
    http://www.killernetworking.com/dri...load&args[0]=4e61973ffd966233b2351fac2c646c88

Use Throttlestop to undervolt your CPU.

6. RugbyPlayer

Reputations:
    Tried the driver...seems like the speeds got even worse. Is there a good way of uninstalling/reinstalling wifi drivers? Windows autodetected and used some driver before i even installed the new one

7. Vistar Shook

Reputations:
    Truth is, the first thing I did was replace the NVME drive and wireless card for the intel AC8265, so I didn't mess around with the killer one.
    You can try disabling wifi, go to device manager, network adapters uninstall device, click on delete device software if available. Then install the driver you downloaded through the device manager by selecting update driver, browse my computer for driver.

8. RugbyPlayer

Reputations:
    is the firestrike benchmark free? I downloaded it on steam but it only runs the time spy demo free, says you need to purchase to get firestrike.

Running timespu i got a graphics sore of 3484 and a cpu score of 4204

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  9. Vistar Shook

Reputations:
    I think only firestrike extreme and ultra are paid, the standard firestrike you should be able to add to the software.

10. Killer_Networking

Killer_Networking Company Representative

Reputations:
    Hello RugbyPlayer,

I'm sorry that you are having issues with your Killer Wi-Fi adapter! Here are some things that might help speed up your Wi-Fi:
    • Remember that your new machine may be downloading updates in the background, which will slow the speed of other downloads. You can use the Killer Control Center to check for this.
    • Update your Killer Control Center to the latest version - https://www.killernetworking.com/driver-downloads/item/killer-control-center-x64. Whatever was preinstalled on your machine, when it was boxed, is likely many months old.
    • Update the BIOS from your machine manufacturer's support site
    • Update the chipset drivers from your machine manufacturer's support site
    • Update the firmware on your wireless access point (router/modem). If the access point is a Wi-Fi modem from your ISP, then you will need to contact them to have the firmware updated, but this is typically a routine call for them and ISPs typically don't update the firmware on these devices except when customers call to complain. This usually happens when the customer gets a new device that doesn't work well with the old firmware.
    • Change the Wi-Fi power settings. You can find the guide for that here - https://www.killernetworking.com/driver-downloads/kb/faq/59-wi-fi-power-settings
    If you are unable to improve your Wi-Fi speeds with the above, please feel free to reach out to us directly at killersupport@rivetnetworks.com so that we can help troubleshoot the issue personally!

-- Anthony with Killer Networking

Vasudev likes this.