Razer Blade 14" (1060 GPU/late 2016) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by reloader-1, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Vistar Shook

Vistar Shook Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Nice score!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2. Vistar Shook

Reputations:
    How did you unlock the ASPM in Bios? In case others ask.

EDIT: I didn´t see the image you posted showing the correct path. Cool.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  3. Vistar Shook

Reputations:
    I repasted my skylake RB with Kryonaut.
    the temperatures went down a little more after 2 days.
    Average CPU temperature is 5C lower, and GPU 4C lower. Nothing dramatic but within my expectations. The main benefit has been that it now has even core temps compared to before.
    Original Paste UV-140mV Ambient Temp 21C (Stress test OCCT + FS loop - 30min warm up + 30min Test)
    [​IMG]

Repaste UV -140mV Ambient Temp 21C (after 2 days). Exactly same stress test.
    [​IMG]

Vasudev and Nuke33 like this.
  4. Rideass

Rideass Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I would consider that a win and worth doing, lowering temps with just a few degrees as you did will help it not drop random frames and **** with a VR experience.
    Not going to do it as I am going to sell mine off asap. Want a proper machine instead of this garbage.

Must say with all the tweaks it runs VR pretty well at normal settings, even supersampling 1.5x some experiences with stable 90 fps.
    Been messing around many hours getting the proper experience I am used to from the Oculus DK2 and onwards, and now with the Vive on the Blade 14.
    Only game I really want VR for is Elite Dangerous, and its not really enjoyable unless supersampling is possible to 2.0x or above. And the 1060 here is not enough to push 90 fps.

Found myself using my other machine and liking it more. If not only for the damn Killer 1535 WLAN garbage that drops internet connection all the time and messes with the routers all over the place. And do not tell me there is a new driver out there, because I have tried them all. My favorite is whenever you boot up and no internet connectivity for no reason. Disable the adapter a few times and it works... Sigh. Ordered a Intel 8265 instead, have Intel WLAN in all my other machines without ever a single issue.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    Eason and Vistar Shook like this.
  5. demidyad

demidyad Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys, newbie here, just got my Razer Blade and trying to test the heck out of it before I take it with me internationally.

Some benchmark & test results here -
    http://imgur.com/a/e4lao

I don't really know anything about how to judge these results, but trying to learn as best I can... just hoping somebody here could take a look and either reassure me that these all look normal or else let me know there's an obvious fault! Thank you!

6. Vistar Shook

Reputations:
    Looks fine...you should undervolt to reduce temperatures....pretty much a requirement on any laptop especially thin ones. Check for lightbleed on the screen as well to see if you got a good one.

Vasudev likes this.
  7. Vistar Shook

Reputations:
    Yeah for VR the GTX1060 is the bare minimum, so if that is the intention, something more powerful is in order. I agree, first thing I did upon receiving my RB with he killer wireless card was switch it out for an intel 8265.

Vasudev likes this.
  8. Rideass

Rideass Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yeah, just sold my RB14. Going to get some high end CPU with a 1080 ti. Depends how much you need to throw at Elite Dangerous to supersample high.Or if I have to wait till later this year or next when the Volta cards gets out on the market.
    The Killer WLAN is exactly that, a WIFI killer. Network goes down as the router ****s itself.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    Vistar Shook likes this.
  9. bloodhawk

bloodhawk Derailer of threads.

Reputations:
    You need to extract the IFR and then modify the table using a Text/Editor. And reinsert it back.

Vasudev and Vistar Shook like this.
  10. jlp0209

jlp0209 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just saw your post, thanks! I figured everything out awhile back, I'm all set :D

Vistar Shook and bloodhawk like this.