Razer Blade 14" (1060 GPU/late 2016) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by reloader-1, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Makyura

Makyura Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Update on the same issue: Even if they claimed to haven't seen the dots before I sent in pictures showing the exact position, Razer support is now going to install a new display on my notebook.

Whole process is going to take a month, which is unacceptable, proving for me the voices about their lack of professionalism in supporting customers.

While they said it'd have took this long and that they had to change motherboard and display I asked them to just send me a new unit, even with lower SSD (I'll install a 1tb version in a month) cause I couldn't wait for this long as I need it for work and studies, pointing that they are going to keep it for 10% of the warranty period which makes me laugh, and they absolutely refused, saying they won't swap systems.

2. darkloki

darkloki Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    They probably don't Q/A their systems thoroughly enough at least to the extent that I believe apple Q/A's their system. I say that because while Razer appears to be making constant updates which we can all appreciate the fact that they release as many as they do within a short period shows that they don't actually test their systems for long periods of gaming and wear & tear.

Gamers play long hours and I guess your mileage may vary, lol... But I can understand why now apple decided to go with the AMD polaris chips as compared to back to Nvidia. They probably want low power drawing, low temp cards outfitted in their systems.

hmscott likes this.
  3. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Have anyone bought this device yet? Can you show us the picture of the heatsink and removing the heatsink so we can see the thermal paste.

4. Micaiah

Micaiah Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I have a FHD 256 GB model coming in this Friday, I can post a picture if no one else has done so by then.

pau1ow likes this.
  5. bradleyjb

bradleyjb Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

Unless something has changed, removing the heatsink is not recommended. There was a thread here and on the Razer forums a couple of years back about someone who did this, and apparently Razer has some funky way of putting down the paste (between the copper bars and directly on it) and maybe their own paste. I recall the guy struggling to get it to perform like stock again.

This was a while ago, I dont know if people have had more luck re-pasting since then. I remember the CEO coming on the Razer forum and basically saying we know what we're doing :)

Edit: here it is: http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/repaste-those-razer-blade-2015s-at-your-own-risk.771707/

Looks like he got it to work, but has some advice about it.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  6. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    rip in peace

darkloki likes this.
  7. Makyura

Makyura Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You are so cool, I wish I was you.

8. R3d

R3d Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    FYI - These seem to be in stock online at Best Buy (including FHD 256gb).

bradleyjb likes this.
  9. mario64

mario64 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thank you so much for posting this. Snagged a 512 with 18 months same as cash and next day delivery. Now let's see if they really do have them in stock. LOL

10. sisqo_uk

sisqo_uk Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    i know instantly who you are toalking about. i think could even direct a link to the videos he created talking about it. He had a hard time from people on the razer blade forums for what he did aswell.