Razer Blade 14" (1060 GPU/late 2016) Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Razer' started by reloader-1, Oct 12, 2016.

1. bradleyjb

bradleyjb Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Warranty sent a bad idea, but I'm approaching two years and mine is still just about perfect. Haven't heard of the, falling apart at all ...

2. Eason

Eason Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    hmscott likes this.
  3. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
  4. Firebat246

Firebat246 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Just an update for you guys he's having issues with his blade do not I repeat DO NOT take his benchmarks to heart. Very good chance he needs to RMA either the power supply or laptop itself. He was getting higher fps and lower temps while unplugged from the wall.

He has since taken down his bench videos since they are inaccurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Derek712

Derek712 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    If they didn't update their cooling fans, It's no surprise it's going to get that hot. Everybody else added a second fan or more heatpipes between generations for the 1060.

6. bradleyjb

bradleyjb Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Any ideas on how long it takes for the Microsoft store to start selling these online? I prefer that route with the 10% off and extended warranty plan. When I got my 2015 Blade it seemed immediate, but I notice the models since have lagged. thanks

7. PainGod

PainGod Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My USB ports have pretty poor build quality. Second motherboard now and all three are still horrible. Disconnects easily at the slightest touch or bump on the wire. As it's out of warranty the replacement would cost bout 800 dollars.

EDIT: I'm using the Razer Blade 14 circa 2014

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  8. VanishEffect

VanishEffect Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    This review just showed up. Sounds like his temps are in check without issue. Nice! I also have the same machine and everything looks good for me as well.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  9. reloader-1

reloader-1 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Received my shipping notification, laptop should arrive here (US) on Friday. Shipping from Hong Kong, I ordered the FHD 256gb model.

10. Lunatics

Lunatics Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    This is killing me lol, I have had the money saved up for a laptop for the past month. Ordered an OLED x1 Yoga until I realized this or MSI were an option for a laptop almost the same size but with a GPU to play video games, so I cancelled that. Was going to order an MSI but read about all the microstuttering issues on their 10xx series laptops and I can't spend that much money for something that doesn't even run correctly in Windows. I finally decided on a Blade, despite the mixed reviews and experiences people have had with them I am willing to take that risk but I don't know where from! I don't even care a whole lot about the MS student discount (although it doesn't hurt, that's for sure) but I am mainly interested in their extended warranty which Razer does not seem to provide and would cost quite a penny from Squaretrade. I cannot get any information from MS about when they might receive the new models, they don't even have the old one on display so I can't drive an hour out of my way to at least look at the display model and get an idea about the mixed reviews and "grainy" screen. Do I just buy one now and say F it and pray I have good luck and never have to deal with Razer or do I just wait and keep my fingers crossed that something changes soon with Microsoft?

Wat do, any advice for someone in my position? lol