Razer BIOS Mods - Potential to Unlock All Hidden Options

Discussion in 'Razer' started by stranula, Nov 10, 2019.

1. No0B

No0B Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    The hex edit is precisely what will get it to display the overclocking menu. Try the hex edit again and follow the tutorial closely. You're just a BIOS update away from having to do it again, so it's not bad to know how to do it yourself. :) You're only editing the menu, so as long as you don't offset any bytes, you can break stuff, but the machine will still work, as you don't touch any of the rest of the BIOS. It might lock up when you visit the specific menu you hex edited. If you do offset anything (for example by pasting in new bytes without replacing the same amount), that's where you can potentially run into bigger issues.

2. Alex_Syd

Alex_Syd Newbie

Reputations:
    My trouble was actually the step before.
    BIOS Binary Extraction and Interrogation
    I could not find any string 'memory overlock' or 'memory overclocking'. And then I got stuck because, in the tutorial, when it comes to the menus, the steps refer back to this section.

3. No0B

No0B Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Looks like your links are truncated and don't work because of that. Could you edit your post with working links so I can take a look at it?

4. Alex_Syd

Alex_Syd Newbie

Reputations:
    :vbeek: silly me.. all corrected, thanks for the heads up

5. No0B

No0B Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Well, for some reason UEFI Tool doesn't find "memory overclocking". It does find "overclocking" just fine though and reveals you the correct image to extract - the one in the "Setup" menu section where all the menus, options and toggles reside.

If you have further questions (but frankly, with that tutorial you likely shouldn't), PM me to avoid flooding this thread.

6. Alex_Syd

Alex_Syd Newbie

Reputations:
    I'll give that a shot tomorrow. Thank you for pointing me the right way!

7. stranula

stranula Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Good to see people stepping in to help here. I haven't looked at the BIOS in question, but if UEFITool doesn't find memory overclocking, makes me wonder if it isn't completely unavailable. Good luck with the mods, let us know how it works out for you.

8. No0B

No0B Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I've looked into the IFR and the whole overclocking menu is there, including the memory overclocking. Can't say why UEFI Tool wouldn't find it.

9. stranula

stranula Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've sent you a PM

Alex_Syd likes this.
  10. gnwjd12

gnwjd12 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    was reading otimization for 8750h and got stuck on the firs step. any idea for razer blade 15 9750h model to disable cfg lock? that option is not available in bios and i already have overclocked the memory and cpu voltage trick