Razer BIOS Mods - Potential to Unlock All Hidden Options

Discussion in 'Razer' started by stranula, Nov 10, 2019.

1. stranula

stranula Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Good to hear that speed works, but doesn't negate that jumping from 10 to 13 without testing 11 and 12 is not how memory overclocking should be performed.

amihail91 likes this.
  2. gnwjd12

gnwjd12 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    low cl lower speed vs high cl higher speed which is optimal for overall battery life and performance?

3. amihail91

amihail91 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  4. gnwjd12

Reputations:
  5. No0B

No0B Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    @stranula, it's really quite a bit easier than I thought it would be when I was investigating this. For some reason the idea of simply replacing an existing menu didn't even cross my mind before. This is great, it works and you and the people you credited made my day.

Great that the whole overclocking menu works, including all the voltage controls and so on. I love using ThrottleStop, but this is just as good, except for the profiles ThrottleStop provides.

6. stranula

Reputations:
    Yeah, I thought it would be difficult as well until coming up with that idea. Glad it worked well for you.

7. gnwjd12

Reputations:
    is there a guide to increase the graphics power on the razer blade besides msi afterburner?

8. stranula

Reputations:
    Depends what you want to do, and which laptop you are on. BIOS won't give you anything to do. Flashing vBIOS with a higher TDP can improve performance.

9. gnwjd12

Reputations:
    i have late 2019 2070mq razer blade with 240hz display (9th gen cpu model)

10. Alex_Syd

Alex_Syd Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, I studied with interest the topics about the BIOS mod / BIOS unlock. My Razer Blade 17 Pro Early 2019 laptop has a pretty locked down BIOS with many options unavailable or hidden.
    Through reading and learning, I managed to locate and enable the overclocking and memory sections in the BIOS file via AfuWin64 and AMIBCP.
    When flashed, however, those menus don't show up. I literally do not see any change. I tried the hex edit but I really don't know what I am doing there. Do not want to break things badly.

Could someone knowledgable help me with that issue? I would love to have the overclocking, performance, CPU and memory options available.
    My main goal is to be able to select the memory profiles for memory overclocking and to be able to modify the CPU and Cache Vcore offset for undervolting.

Original Bios: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qQRNoAmgS2afb3HsWtRlEoAU4FoacVl6

My attempted mod: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lFG_1HdbwiS-QZEzcsoZpAp-7QE4Tcby

Thanks,
    Alex

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019