Razer BIOS Mods - Potential to Unlock All Hidden Options

Discussion in 'Razer' started by stranula, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Deathalo

Deathalo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yep, I figured that out last night. Now I'm just trying to get the VR IMON slope stuff to show up (posted about that here with screenshots of my BIOS: http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/razer-blade-15-2021-rtx-3000.835061/page-21#post-11125522 )

2. MezZo_Mix

MezZo_Mix Notebook Geek

Reputations:

Could you tell me how the bell did you done it? I’m dying to do this without a hardware programmer.

Especially under which menu the code is hidden in the ru.efi tool. I know I probably have to look for my own hexcode but I really want to gain access in the bios to enable XMP. My standard 16 3200MHz ram just runs with like 2600MHz

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
  3. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Instructions are in the other thread here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/razer-blade-15-2021-rtx-3000.835061/page-20#post-11125019

4. ph1l5rB

ph1l5rB Newbie

Reputations:
    hello everyone,

i am the owner of a Razer Blade Pro 17 inch Late 2019 model with 9750H and 2070 MaxQ .
    just recently i started fiddling around with my bios cuz i was working on a Hackintosh and needed access to cfg lock.
    i am on bios version 1.04
    have been able to read the bios with amibcp and also modded it to enable overclocking etc menus. absolutely no need for a programmer (although i have one here which saved me from bricking)
    on memory i was able to get s super sweet 3500mhz overclock on my samsungs.
    however, i do not understand what is actually wrong with my processor overclocking menu.
    changing voltages there does absolutely nothing. i have tried undervolting, tried fixed voltage to see if anything happens but no.
    since i am more of a desktop guy i dont really know much about laptop undervolting as its pretty much the other way around with desktop cpus which i keep at max frequency and constant voltage all the time (i do know how to apply adaptive offsets though)
    is there anything i need to do in windows 11 to be able to undervolt? registry entries? any specific bios settings for the whole thing to work? should i enable speedshift or disable? vmx is disabled btw i disable all that i dont need always.
    i really dont understand what to do. neither throttlestop nor bios undervolts do anything it seems.

5. MezZo_Mix

MezZo_Mix Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Is anyone here with a Razer Blade 2020 and able to overclock their ram? Regardless of the changes, nothing really changes beside if I try to load XMP1, my laptop gets bricked.

6. ZeroBarrier

Reputations:
    Wish I knew, I still haven't figured out how to access profiles to change them. No matter what I have tried, those settings are still hidden/un-editable.

7. MezZo_Mix

MezZo_Mix Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Which one? I have all the options available but changing numbers does nothing.

8. MezZo_Mix

MezZo_Mix Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Has any one a fix for the memory menu? Everything is at 0, I can change what I want nothing happens. Beside, when I try to load XMP1 my blade gets bricked.

I unlocked the menu via the hex edit and all of the other menus via AMIBCP. Almost the whole bios is set to USER access.

Edit: I don’t know why the picture is rotated.

Attached Files:

9. ZeroBarrier

Reputations:
    I think you have to set the memory profile to custom to edit those values.

10. MezZo_Mix

MezZo_Mix Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    already tried. Only XMP 1 seems to make a difference and bricks my blade.