Razer BIOS Mods - Potential to Unlock All Hidden Options

Discussion in 'Razer' started by stranula, Nov 10, 2019.

1. MezZo_Mix

MezZo_Mix Notebook Guru

Reputations:

Hey bud, let me answer your questions quick.

1. I think Intel has locked the ability in their newer versions on a software basis. However if you use version XTU ver. 6.5.2.40, you have everything unlocked beside the turbo core clock.

2. I would recommend this way. Because it’s not that important to undervolt the cache. The cores are far more important. For example, without any uv. I have a core clock of 3,7GHz in Dark Souls 3. With my uv, I see clocks up to 4,3GHz.

3/4. You can change the settings when to save the settings. As far as I know a cold start could reset the settings. I’m not 100% sure.

2. MezZo_Mix

MezZo_Mix Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    So guys I have serval qustions.

Im trying to flash my BIOS but fail alt the final step. I already unlocked my bios via the RU.efi editor. In my case I’m on 1.06v. At first I loaded the bios from the memory and saved it, then activated the user access for the Overclocking Menus via the AMIBCP tool and saved it. But when I try to flash it I get the Error: Secure Flash Rom Verify fail.

How can I bypass this?

bios.jpg fail.jpg

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  3. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    That won't work. The whole reason for the physical programmer is because Razer won't allow unsigned bios to be flashed, and by editing it you have broken the signature. The only way to flash a modified bios is with a programmer.

MezZo_Mix likes this.
  4. MezZo_Mix

MezZo_Mix Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Alright, then a programmer is it. I mean thats also the way i can lift up the TDP for the GPU.

I still wanna see what this thing can pull, when its unlocked and optimized. Thats where im at the moment, with uv and a 105W vbios.

Attached Files:

5. webmi

webmi Newbie

Reputations:
    Got the same error

18 - Error: Secure Flash Rom Verify fail

on my Blade Pro 17 Mid 2021 (11800/3070)

I modded the BIOS but cant flash it... Would be so cool if we can bypass this signature thing by using the ru.efi method we used to enable UV with TS.