Razer BIOS Mods - Potential to Unlock All Hidden Options

Discussion in 'Razer' started by stranula, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Steelbeak

Steelbeak Newbie

Reputations:
    I have the Razer Blade 15, 2020 with i7-10750H coupled with a 2070 gpu. Current BIOS is v1.06.

The issue Im having at the moment is that Turbo Boost seems to be boosting 99% of the time, which in turn has the fans working quite a lot all the time, even when idling. I assume I need to unlock certain parts in BIOS to be able to counter this. To my knowledge, ThrottleStop is able to control how the Turbo Boost is behaving so some extent. At the moment I am basically only able to toggle Turbo Boost either on or off.

2. MezZo_Mix

MezZo_Mix Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Well we have the same blade and same bios. You could also enable SpeedStep in ThrottleStop for better temps.

just make the stick bootable and ready for the RU.efi tool.

Disable secure boot in the bios before and then re-enable when done.

When in the tool, press ALT + = then navigate to CpuSetup search the following hex numbers:

CFG LOCK: 0x3E change the value from 01 to 00

OVERCLOCKING LOCK: 0xDA also change to 00

You can also flash a 105W TDP vbios for your GPU. I did this and my GPU stays at 75 degrees while gaming. And my CPU with a -114vm core and -94mv cache runs not hotter than 85 degrees.

3. Steelbeak

Steelbeak Newbie

Reputations:
    Alright, I'll give it a go. What Will this specifically change? Just out of curiosity.

4. MezZo_Mix

MezZo_Mix Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Your bios will be unlocked, and you could possible enable all the hidden bios menus on the Blade. Like Memory overclocking and more etc.

5. MezZo_Mix

MezZo_Mix Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    My resoults so far. I just need the Memory Overlocking Menu re-enabled, to activate xmp/3200MHz instead of the current 2600-2800MHz it is running. My Blade has acutal 3200Mhz moduls installed.

To finish this "project" Im considering to flash the 2070 with a Hardware-Programmer up to 120W TDP, and undervolt it properly.

My CPU has it limits at -115mv Core and -95mv Cache. Not bad for a free performance push.

Attached Files:

6. 4W4K3

4W4K3 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    What is your average CPU frequency throughout the CPU & GFX tests? Does it fluctuate much?

I am a little surprised at the CPU score for the 10750H.

7. MezZo_Mix

MezZo_Mix Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I didn’t watched it constantly, but what I saw was a clock up to 4,6GHz, while low usage and down to 3,7GHz at high CPU usage. (99%)

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/23186689

8. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Wait, you're surprised by 6,262? I got mine to hit 6,984. Is that good? :)

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/22743154

9. 4W4K3

4W4K3 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I was thinking too low, honestly. With the 8th Gen 8750H 6c/12t my CPU score is 7309. It holds a steady 3.9GHz throughout the tests. - https://www.3dmark.com/spy/23034228

Why is the 10750H scoring lower? Isn't it a nearly identical chip but with higher boost clocks? I think there is some small throttling going on and if you can hold a steady 4.0-4.3GHz all core you'll have much higher score!

10. MezZo_Mix

MezZo_Mix Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Nether so I understand. My CPU doesn’t clock down or hits the thermal trottle point of 100 degrees. I could also imagine that the 3070 can push the CPU higher than a 2070. I don’t know. My older blad with a 9gen and 2070 had a score of 7100 just with undervolting. Or maybe my Windows is stuffed with too much usless background programs.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021