Razer BIOS Mods - Potential to Unlock All Hidden Options

Discussion in 'Razer' started by stranula, Nov 10, 2019.

1. MezZo_Mix

MezZo_Mix Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    i would try to shutdown the laptop entirely wait 10 secs and then start it. Open ThrottlesStop, give cache and core a offset, it doesn’t have to be the same.

the easiest way to see if it works is, start a game, watch the clock while you just stand at one spot and change the offset. If it works, your clock should go higher, the higher your offset is.

theautumnsbest likes this.
  2. webmi

webmi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Unlocked and working!

Just wanted to say thank you!

Blade Pro 17 Mid 2021 (11800H - RTX 3070 - QHD) here. The Blade came with 1.03 which was unlocked from the beginning but after updating to 1.04 (fixes type-C display output in dGPU mode) yesterday, the unlock was gone. Took me a while to unlock it again, but its working! (-125mV instant crash @gaming for the test if its truly working)

THANK YOU!

percy_tc likes this.
  3. percy_tc

percy_tc Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    In theory it could work to turn off Bios flash protection, which would make possible to flash BIOS back without hardware programmer. All hidden menus could be revealed with an edited Bios file. I wouldnt try it becuase i dont have hardware programmer if anything goes wrong. Someone should try it out who has progammer and experienced with Bios file editing.

4. pdudas

pdudas Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have unlocked Bios 1.06 (by HW programmer).
    For some reason only XTU ver. 6.5.2.40 works fine with UV. Maybe you have the same issue.

RBA, 10875h, 2070 super. Early 2020 version.

5. Mad83

Mad83 Newbie

Reputations:
    Is there an option to remove/change PL1 power limit by editing Bios settings via RU.efi?

I was able to unlocked my RB15 base 2020 via v2.efi and ru.efi but i still have power limit set to 45W. Long CPU test give me only 3.66GHz even if i undervolt CPU Core -125mv and CPU cache -85mv

6. MezZo_Mix

MezZo_Mix Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Had anyone here success, unlocking the Memory overclocking menu via the RU.efi hex editor? I just can find the needed menu to get to the hex number.

I just can't find the needed category on the Ru.Efi editor.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
  7. Steelbeak

Steelbeak Newbie

Reputations:
    After completing this guide will you be able to use Intel XTU and/or ThrottleStop on your Razer Blade 2020 model as if it was running on BIOS v1.01 where UV is enabled by default? Basically, Im not interested in any advanced overclocking and pushing the limits, I just want to get control over my Razer Blade.

8. MezZo_Mix

MezZo_Mix Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    For me just ThrottleStop works, XTU is still locked. Overclocking is not possible, and any turbo clock change on the 10th be will be ignored.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
  9. Steelbeak

Steelbeak Newbie

Reputations:
    Did you go through the entire process described in the first post or is it possible to just unlock the Overclocking section in BIOS?

10. MezZo_Mix

MezZo_Mix Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Which blade do you have? And which bios version?