Razer BIOS Mods - Potential to Unlock All Hidden Options

Discussion in 'Razer' started by stranula, Nov 10, 2019.

1. amihail91

amihail91 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Did you see anything in there that looked like a TDP value of 90 watts?

2. stranula

stranula Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I was more looking for the voltage control to the GPU. The GPU TDP of 90/100 is largely determined by the vBIOS, but if you put a higher TDP vBIOS, it gets voltage throttled. So I was hoping the voltage control was in the EC, and could be altered to allow higher voltages with the higher TDP vBIOS, but then I got distracted looking to do manual fan control via the EC, so maybe I'll return to this and try to focus on the GPU voltage control

3. amihail91

Reputations:
    I have a feeling for some reason the cards VBIOS is controlled by the EC somehow, no matter which BIOS I try (https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/) this RB15 2018 won't accept anything but its default VBIOS.

4. stranula

Reputations:
    Which gpu do you have?

EDIT
    I see you have the 1070 and tried a lot of vBIOS, do you have a list of the ones you've tried? I know the MSI GS65 was limited to matching the size of the vBIOS. Looking at techpowerup, the Razer has a 232kb size with Device Id: 10DE 1BA1 Subsystem Id: 1A58 2000. There are two vBIOS which match the size and Device Id and would be the most likely to work. If you tried those ones, then I'm not sure there is anything you can do. I don't have the 1070, so not much I can do to help with any of this.

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/204907/204907
    https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/215198/215198

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  5. amihail91

Reputations:
    I'm sure I gave those exact 2 a go and they would show Error 43 after full DDU and multiple reboots ...

I know another user on here was able to hardware flash his RB15 1070 to unlock the power/thermal limit, I've got pics of which chip to read/write also but other users were saying this is dangerous and has a high chance to burnt out the mosfets.

6. gnwjd12

gnwjd12 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    ah i see, do you mind helping me out little more what is the memory ratio in bios setting? like tras, tcwl ect. Im using hyperx kingston 2666mhz 16x2 gb ram and its stock cl is 15 and manage to lower it to cl 14. do you mind sharing your setting in the bios?

7. stranula

Reputations:
    Ram overclocking is completely dependent on the chips you have. My settings won't help you. You should see your memory overclocking looks like below. if you follow the link to @hackness memory overclocking tutorial from the first post, it'll help you figure it out. But Memory Ratio is going to be the place to start.[​IMG]

amihail91 likes this.
  8. gnwjd12

gnwjd12 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    ok i see where memory ratio is and and i just tried 13 and didnt boot and had to go back. i am not sure where to begin. This was my previous setting [​IMG]
    link: https://imgur.com/a/WBBLdIA

9. stranula

Reputations:
    You need to test one step at a time, 13 would be 3458MHz. I don't believe the blade can support this speed. Ram overclocking is fine tuning, not big jumps

10. amihail91

Reputations:
    I'm on 3458mhz CL20 rock solid on this RB15 2018 - 3200mhz CL18 is possible but yields slower memory read/write/copy times with the exact same latency so it's clear which is better. :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019