Razer BIOS Mods - Potential to Unlock All Hidden Options

Discussion in 'Razer' started by stranula, Nov 10, 2019.

1. ha1o2surfer

ha1o2surfer Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The 11th Gen has a totally different style bios chip that's much flatter and wider that can't be clamped onto.

2. ha1o2surfer

ha1o2surfer Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Was just poking around the Synapse folder and saw this DLL in this folder.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\Synapse3\WPFUI\SystemDependencies\Razer.Synapse3.CommonPerformance

https://i.imgur.com/WISJrhJ.png

wonder if there's anything we can do to mod synapse itself to get a few more watts out of "gaming mode"

3. phusho

phusho Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Nope it is hard coded in management controller, even bios and cpu registers does nothing. That's why IMON hack works at all.

4. faustiano

faustiano Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Does anyone know if there are any hidden BIOS commands that would allow me to completely disable (turn off) the discreet graphics? I know I can turn on and off optimus, but I actually want to completely turn off discreet.

5. pdudas

pdudas Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Why?

You simply set the maximum processor state to 99% (at power options for the given power profile), this turns off the turbo. Then check the Undervolting possibilities if the Bios is opened for that, then the laptop runs 8-10 hours from battery for Web/YT/Office related tasks. At least mine does (Advanced with 2070 Super).

Do you need more than 8-10 hours from battery?

6. JAMES BLAND

JAMES BLAND Newbie

Reputations:
    I have the advanced 2020 model I was looking to see if someone could unlock everything for me. The menus are were they should be I am on 1.06. I would pay If I could have this done. I am having issues doing this on my own as some things are hard to find.

Willing to send my 1.06 OEM bin dump. If someone can unlock all the options available for overclocking. Also willing to pay for the time. I also do not have a programmer with me at this time.

I'm used to using the programmer to fix macbook bios issues. But it only required a single line edit for some fixes. This type of programming requires a lot of experience over mine.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  7. PensFan66

PensFan66 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I was hoping someone could confirm I have the correct chip before I make my 2021 a brick....

I have read in the chip, but the chip on the motherboard is a 25B127DSIG - On Page 45 Raidriar mentions this as well, and used the GD25Q128 in asprogrammer. I did the same, but the asprogrammer I have has two GD25Q128 - GD25Q128B and GD25Q128C. I read in both just in case, but before writing back a modified BIOS, I thought it would be safer to confirm here first.

And out of curiosity, if I read the BIOS in using afuwin, its 12MB, but the GD25Q128 are larger, they read in as 16MB (and the Datasheet for the 25B127DSIG also says 16MB) - so, Im not sure if this is due to the limits of afuwin and the BIOS on the motherboard?

Ive attached a picture of the BIOS just to triple check Im thinking correctly....

Thanks for any clarification.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  8. faustiano

faustiano Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I am trying to figure out how to use the integrated graphics when I am using an external monitor. While at work, there are many times I have to connect my laptop to do presentations, and when I connect, my power consumption jumps by 15W. I am trying to get feedback from Razer, but as of now, I have not received confirmation that the HDMI port and Thunderbolt ports are ONLY tied to discreet graphics. I was hoping to test this by completely disabling the discreet graphics and seeing if the power draw remains the same and if I could still get video from HDMI. My current work around, which is not that great, but I can use a Miracast device connected to the projector, and then wirelessly connect and extend my display without the increased power consumption.

9. phusho

phusho Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    They are connected to Nvidia for sure, but you can uninstall nvidia drivers and disable device in device manager. Just stop network before reboot to prevent windows install driver again.

10. pdudas

pdudas Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Can't you try a USB port connected Lenovo display output? Not a simple USB-c displayport or HDMI output. That would use the built in display.

I have somewhere one of this device.
    It installs a driver and then it is working through the USB port.
    This one will not use the Nvidia for sure ;)

I have no clue about the power consumption - I used it plugged in.
    But it was working on every laptop where I tried.

Maybe a device like this would be the solution to your problem.
    For sure consumes less than 15W - as a USB port cannot handle 3A load.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021