Razer BIOS Mods - Potential to Unlock All Hidden Options

Discussion in 'Razer' started by stranula, Nov 10, 2019.

1. bpvarsity

bpvarsity Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I just broke 4280 :). Hit 99C but hey I got there! Still need to add some new paste but pretty legit score.

Edit: I just got the temp down to 95 and got 4288.
    Edit#2: Got 4081 with max temp of 85. Pretty happy this that.

Will see how I do after repasting my old stuff.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    wireproof likes this.
  2. wireproof

wireproof Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    So that’s what my TS looks like as a daily use value. When on battery I disable turbo to double or triple the battery life, and when I’m plugged in I use Performance. This is my TS setting. No IMON magic here, wasn’t as stable as I wanted it to be yet. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Karlis

Karlis Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    ok...how? I think I could do the same, If my CB20 would boost higher than 3.8Ghz.
    The TS Bench easily boosts to 4.2Ghz.

Mind sharing your mod list?

4. Karlis

Reputations:
    Regards the Power Limit, the IMON mod enables the menu to change the values from the 60 and 90w, but they don't seem to have any effect.
    Must be missing something

wireproof likes this.
  5. wireproof

wireproof Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yep in the BIOS with IMON set or not, changing the 60/90W values don't take effect. I wonder if there's an AMIBCP edit that would allow it? Could it be like the Overclocking Lock option that needed to be changed to allow undervolt on the 10875?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

6. SUADE8880

SUADE8880 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

I wonder why my temps are so much lower than you guys with a score above 3800. No undervolt but LM Grizzly Conductonaut.

[​IMG]

wireproof likes this.
  7. wireproof

wireproof Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I just noticed the second half of your cores are clocked higher than mine in TS. Did you change that yourself or is that from factory? Is this all just silicon lottery?

8. wireproof

wireproof Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    So, I changed my Core Turbo Rate Limit to 51, 50, 49, 48, 48, 48, 48, 48, set IMON slope to -50, Synapse set to boost, Windows 10 set to Ultimate Performance, plugged into the 230W adapter and the laptop sitting on a cooling pad with 4 decent sized fans. Started at -0.0mV undervolt, and worked my way up to -100mV. This was for CPU Core and CPU Cache, both the same. Scores kept rising each time, the CPU Frequency kept staying stable at a higher value every time as well. Once I hit -100mV and Cinebench R20 finished the laptop froze and I rebooted. Hit a record 3500 in Cinebench R20, and a successful run in the mid-high 3400s. I've attached screenshots with scores and OCCT. I have the other 4 tabs as well, but in this post I was focusing on the undervolt value (temp, volt, and freq available upon request).[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. wireproof

wireproof Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Here's the best run, with all four tabs in OCCT. 3451 in CB R20. 98'C max temp, 99.32W max power, -90mV undervolt (core and cache), 4891mHz max core speed. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. Karlis

Reputations:
    I have spent way too much time on this, but still 30 points shy of the 4000s.

What frequencies do you guys get when running cinebench? Mine does not go over 3.8Ghz no matter what I do.

In TS Bench it behaves the way I would imagine - boosts to over 4.3ghz all cores until hits Thermal Throttling.

If I could figure this one out, 4000+ is easily attainable.

Regards the TDP options, must be a hidden menu as @wireproof mentioned. I enabled everything I could to USER in the AMIBCP5 to no luck.

Also I seem to have some ICCMax limits reached?

The results below are with -155mV on the Core and -65mV on the Cache.

@SUADE8880 I guess I had the wrong UV settings or smth. Seems to be better now.
    Also I did some test with no bottom cover and the laptop on its side...turns out the fans don't like that and I actually saw more than 10°C increase just from that alone.

All the tests below are just on a laptop raiser thing. No extra fans/cooling.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

wireproof likes this.