Rate the last movie you saw ...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by alber, May 19, 2008.

1. Melody

Melody How's It Made Addict

Reputations:
    But but I read a book D: Must've been based on the series then >.>

2. Angelic

Angelic Kickin' back :3

Reputations:
    You certainly didn't read one book then, the only books are small paperbacks produced in 2007-2008 (and those are accurate anyway, Aang is still loveable). But now you see why the cartoon is our basis for hating the movie, which was nothing like what it should have been. It was a cheap knockoff.

3. Melody

Melody How's It Made Addict

Reputations:
    Yeah it was a paperback. I heard they edited stuff from the cartoon itself though hence why I assumed there was a book or some other form of media to edit stuff from.

It's not even a knockoff, it's just something with a vaguely reminiscent similar idea.

4. L3vi

L3vi Merry Christmas!

Reputations:
    Just some feedback :p

Weight? More like an annoyance. Why in hell would would a group of Earth benders need to perform a mini dance routine to move ONE rock. What is M. Night going to do when all the characters become masters later in the series (if there is a later, and I seriously doubt it)? There's gonna have to be a broadway spectacular before every punch thrown in battle.

This pissed me off alot. Why in heck to firebenders need to take their fire from a source. Earth, Air, and Water is practically everywhere. Fire. Isn't. That's why firebenders can shoot fire from thin air. I don't want to see Zuko sit down with 2 wooden sticks "Hold on Aang, I'll capture you later, first I just gotta build this fire. Anybody got any matches?"

He had a adjustable budget of $150 million dollars. If needed he could have obtained more. Along with $130 million for advertising (He's gonna need it).

I agree, the actors weren't that bad except for the one who played Aang (Noah Ringer). He was pretty bad. Then again when you hire people not based on acting auditions and base your selection on a martial arts video he sent in... Hmm...

Actually he's not better than this. Most of his movies are absolute trash. Remember this is the man who directed Lady in the Water, The Happening, and the Village. After directing Signs and The Sixth Sense, M Night thinks himself to be a director god and can direct anything. Well he can't and he has lost his cinematic touch completely.

I agree the shots in this movie were pretty awful as well as the lighting. M. Night recently stated the second movie would be "darker". What? Light-wise? any darker and we won't be able to see anything. Oh, he meant theme-wise? Well that's a fail too. Because as I see it the first one is too dark and too serious. In the third Book is where he should be looking to make it more dark, because it actually does get more dark.

Battle scenes were crap and some made no sense. The moon came up and the water people got all courageous and bold and whatnot. But then they didn't use waterbending. And where was the whole Ying Yang fish spirit story?! That was a great concept and plot twist, but nope, not even in there. They just tackled the fire nation soldiers. Another screw up is when Aang blows a strong air blast at some soldiers that are looking to get him, and then they just kind of give up. Honestly the best scenes are in the previews, and that's just sad. The CGI wasn't bad, but it could have been ALOT better considering today's technology.

5. L3vi

L3vi Merry Christmas!

Reputations:
    Let's see what the characters had to say about it:

[​IMG]

width='480' height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P4hQijnBWwg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P4hQijnBWwg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width='480' height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
  6. Angelic

Angelic Kickin' back :3

Reputations:
  7. foosa123

foosa123 adsfjldsajflkajsdfa

Reputations:
    that made me lol :D

8. Winejug87

Winejug87 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hahaha that cracked me up!!! L3vi, if I knew how to give rep, I totally would!

And even though you disagree with alot of things that I said, I can totally see where you're coming from and alot of your arguments make sense.

Thanks for the stat on the budget, where'd you get it from? That's an interesting tidbit.

And is it for sure that a second one is in the works?

9. L3vi

L3vi Merry Christmas!

Reputations:
    To give rep, there is a little balance icon to the left of any post and under the username and picture. Just click on it.

And the budget stat I read in an article but I believe you can find it if you google it or check boxofficemojo.com

And yea M. Night stated he had the second movie pretty much planned out. As for actually starting production, that's up to Viacom/Nickelodeon. Let me see if I can find that article...

10. abaddon4180

abaddon4180 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I don't think that the movie was all that bad. The story wasn't really as different as I thought it would be and the most annoying thing to me was the pronunciations of everything, including Avatar. I also didn't like how every character was uber-serious; even Aang, Sokka, and Iroh. If that trend continues I can't wait to see how serious Azula is gonna be.

As for the Kyoshi Warriors I think that they will be in it when they make Book Two. And I know that they were in Book One but they are from the Earth Kingdom so I think that the writers thought it is be better to put them in Book Two.