[Random Question] Can the Precision M6500's RGB+ LED Matte LCD Panel fit in a Elitebook 8740w?

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by Star Forge, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    But the whole point of IPS screens the better viewing angles and gamut? I thought Dell only has TN panels, though they might consider IPS with the new Precisions?

2. Star Forge

Star Forge Quaggan's Creed Redux!

Reputations:
    Yes, and the ability to funnel in one billion colors over the TN's limitations of just a couple million. However, my current W-LED TN panel has already above-average viewing angles (it is really good for a TN panel), but the contrast and brightness ratios as well as gamut is not as good as what a RGB-LED TN panel can produce. That is why I got interested in doing a cross-brand modification of taking the Dell's.

The RGB-LED TN from Dell is still superior to the W-LED options in color gamut for sure, but it won't beat the IPS. The key with IPS is really the color palette above everything else. The Precision and Elitebook standard W-LED TN panels already has exceptional viewing angles as standard. The RGB just enhances the gamut to TN maximum limits and the IPS is really in the league of its very own.

3. Crimsoned

Crimsoned Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Horizontal viewing angles on both panels are pretty good, vertical viewing angles are not so much then again that's with any TN panel.

Personally I prefer IPS but the price far too steep.

4. Star Forge

Star Forge Quaggan's Creed Redux!

Reputations:
    Yeah, DreamColor 2 is like really an $1,205 upgrade. That's like the price I paid for my Elitebook in the first place. Heh...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.