Radeon HD 7690M? Info please?

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by ddog510, Jan 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. etiko

etiko Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  2. etiko

Reputations:
    after analyzing all results, fps and every single test, my conclusion is: the better card is the card with came with highest standard clocks on his bios, because the vbios are designed for!
    maybe if we have an possibility of exchange our vbios to you use mine vbios, the results could be the same !

3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
  4. yknyong1

yknyong1 Radiance with Radeon

Reputations:
    Still within the margin of error. P6932 vs P7048 at same clocks is only ~1.6% difference. Yours has 2GB VRAM while mine has 1GB VRAM. If VRAM usage exceeds 1GB, then my 7690M will incur a performance penalty. Results are not conclusive to indicate that chips are of different quality.

In essence, 7690M is a rehashed 6750M @1.00V and 7690M XT is a rebranded 6770M @1.05V. If all 4 Whistler chips are at the same clocks with same voltage, they will perform similarly. Remember that AMD does binning, so the same chip can be used in many different parts.

5. etiko

Reputations:
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015
  6. Ellatan

Ellatan Old Timer

Reputations:
    Looks to me that 7690M has nearly identical performance to XT up to a certain point when XT can overclock further. There is about 5% difference to Lenovo card, but perhaps that can be attributed to drivers.

7. etiko

Reputations:
    Ok i will promisse this is my last run LOL! my computer crash after that one, thats the reason i didnt submit, sorry

900-1100 voltage stock at 1,05

[​IMG][/div]

you guys are right, its the same chip, same card, same components but the vbios its different and make some differences

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015
  8. etiko

Reputations:
    see my all results ppl, and you will see how CPU start break power and the WATTage are less,

9. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    Wow. 900 / 1100? That thing can OC like crazy. You got lucky with the RAM too, usually you can't push it that far. I expected the GPU to do a little better since it's a die shrink, but RAM.

10. R3d

R3d Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    The 7690m/7690m XT aren't even die shrinks. Still 40nm. Maybe AMD did some optimizations to the chip, but why would they still be calling it Whisler if that's the case..? I'm just thinking he just got lucky with the binning/the card isn't fully stable at those speeds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.