R9 M290x dead confirmation?

Discussion in 'Alienware M15x' started by LodestarRising, Jun 29, 2018.

1. LodestarRising

LodestarRising Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Okay so I used a VGA cable to output to an external monitor, and whilst there was a bit of artificating the system manged to POST and I installed the driver through device manager. I am currently downloading the AMD drivers. I assume the next step would be to flash with a dell vBios as I heard SVL7 say that this is required on the TI forums.

I used my 460m backplate which I think is putting too much pressure on the underside of the card, the hollow square barely fit around the componentry underneath the core and only 3/4 of the screw holes sit naturally.

2. LodestarRising

Reputations:
    Flashed the vbios with the only dell vbios I could find and the card will still only output to VGA, any suggestions?

3. LodestarRising

Reputations:
    I have now flashed the card with multiple vbioses, still artifacting and only outputting on the VGA monitor and only running at 300mhz core clock, What is going on here?

4. King of Interns

King of Interns Simply a laptop enthusiast

Reputations:
    What version system bios are you running. Latest is A09. Make sure you are up to date.

Edit: do not use your 460M backplate! Get a compatible backplate and install properly!

5. LodestarRising

Reputations:
    I am using the unlocked A09 bios, Thanks KOI I will get the backplate out immediately