R61 questions

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by gmaster, Mar 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gmaster

gmaster Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    i was about to order today finally after few days of research and right before i order i wanted to know if it comes with a SD card reader.. on the T61 i see the option but on the R61 i dont see any option.. im lookin at the 15.4" widescreen one.. am i missing something??? I need to be able to read SD cards..

Thanks in advance..

Dave

2. drjohn

drjohn Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have a 14.1" R61, which I got about a month ago and I spec'ed it with a media card reader, along with the built-in PC card. I assume this is also available with the 15.4" versions (which use a different chassis), so you'll want to check to be sure. If so, the media card reader is an SD card reader so I think it's got what you want.

3. stebesplace

stebesplace Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes, it comes with a Ricoh R61 4 in 1 reader that handles SD cards just fine. I used mine a few minutes ago actually. I have the 15.4" model, btw.

4. gmaster

Reputations:
    drjohn.. thanks for the reply.. im going back and forth trying to decide.. i have the R61 with the following specs in my cart.. but i dont see anywhere to add a media card reader..

ThinkPad R61 - 1 Year Depot Warranty

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor T8100 (2.1GHz 800MHz 3MBL2)
    Genuine Windows Vista Home Basic
    15.4" WXGA,BT
    Intel GMA X3100, GM965, 1394, S-Video, PC Card/PCIe
    1 GB PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM 667MHz SODIMM Memory (1 DIMM)
    UltraNav (TrackPoint and TouchPad)
    80 GB Hard Disk Drive, 5400rpm
    DVD Recordable 8x Max Ultrabay Enhanced
    ThinkPad 11a/b/g Wi-Fi wireless LAN Mini-PCIe US/EMEA/LA/ANZ
    Integrated Bluetooth PAN
    6 cell Li-Ion Battery ( 2.4 Ah )
    8932: 1Year Express Warranty

when i went and added a 14" r61.. it gives me the option to add pc card and media reader.. i dont understand it.. when i configure a 15.4" r61 with the same specs.. i dont even get the choice on system expansion slots... hmm

5. gmaster

Reputations:
    when you spec'd yours out did it give you the choice or did it automatically come with the ricoh 4 in 1 reader? im so ready to order.. :) this is just confusing me.. is the reader on the left side or on the front.? any pics?

now this is weird.. if i check the details.. the 14" r61 i added the media reader it doesnt even show it in details.. it looks exactly like the 15.4" one w/o it.. hmm

6. stebesplace

Reputations:
    Hmm, its not listed anymore on the 15.4" R61 (Note, not the i or e). So I wonder if its included? It used to be in my list when i ordered, but the old santa rosa proc's were listed before too, and those are no longer, so I don't know. I checked the R61, R61e, and i and its not listed on any. So I guess I am not 100% sure. I would call them on this one...

7. gmaster

Reputations:
    stebesplace.. what version of the screen did you get? i checked the resolutions.. i think 15.4" WXGA will be fine for what i want to use it for.. im not doing any spread sheets or anything.. just mainly internet/divx movies/quickbooks..

8. stebesplace

Reputations:
    mmm, I got the larger resolution because I do web design and wanted the better realestate. For me, if I was getting the 15" I wanted good resolution, if the 14", I would prefer the lower resolution. I guess if you don't need a lot of pixel estate, then go with the WXGA+.

9. Saneless

Saneless Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Media card readers are 10 bucks.. I really wouldn't worry about it either way.

10. u2giants

u2giants Newbie

Reputations:
    besides SD, what else does it read?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.