Questions about the Thermal Performance of the GE63 Raider (15.6", 8750H, 1070)

Discussion in 'MSI' started by ThePerfectStorm, May 15, 2018 at 11:01 PM.

1. ThePerfectStorm

ThePerfectStorm Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I have got a couple of questions and points about the thermal performance of the MSI GE63 Raider 8th Gen (8750H, 1070, 15.6" 120Hz 3ms).

1. The 8th Gen Hexa-Core BGA processors are (expectedly) hotter than their predecessors. Most manufacturers have not taken that into account when releasing their 8th Gen portfolios (or they don't care).

2. I am appealing the @Donald@HIDevolution and the rest of his company (bro @Phoenix help me here) to stock (at least a few) GE63s with the above basic specs. Your Conductonaut repaste + Fujipoly repad is probably the best in the business. Your Global Warranty is very useful to someone like me as well.

3. @Prostar Computer stocks a GE63 with the above specs and offers a Kryonaut repaste, which is pretty good. Could you guys please tell me what your temps are for the above model repasted with Kryonaut after 30 mins of AIDA64 Stress Test? I can infer even lower temperatures when undervolting.

4. Could Pro-Star also tell me what sort of fan noise to expect (max load, gaming, web browsing, idle)?

Thanks a lot everyone.

Vistar Shook likes this.
  2. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    I wish we had AIDA, and not just so I can better chime in on the results. As for the fans, this sort of thing is always tricky to speak for; everyone's perception of "too noisy" is different, hearing ability varies, environment, load, etc. I think it's safe to say max fans aren't something you'd want in a quiet/restricted environment (e.g. a library, or a lecture hall), but emissions are pretty tolerable otherwise, especially at modest load.

ThePerfectStorm likes this.
  3. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    We do not have access to that SKU...but Pro-Star does.

ThePerfectStorm likes this.
  4. ThePerfectStorm

Reputations:
    Fair enough. Thanks for the fan noise info. What highly demanding stress test can you do on a unit repasted with Kryonaut? I'm looking for temperatures since those are a critical criterion for me. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. ThePerfectStorm

Reputations:
    No problem bro. You guys are still awesome. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  6. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    If we're upgrading the TIM, we'd run the system through our usual stability test routine, including various tests isolated to the CPU and then the GPU. If you have any special requests on software, PM me and I can pass it along to production and our sales team; we may be able to get something going, and report back the temps. :vbsmile:

Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  7. ThePerfectStorm

Reputations:
    PM sent.