Questions about NP9150

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by festa_freak, Aug 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. festa_freak

festa_freak Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My post in the owners thread seems to have been covered up so I thought I'd post here for more possible answers.

I've heard about the headphone jack audio problems in the 9130, does this problem affect the 9150 as well? And if so, is it just user setting errors (5.1 vs 2.1 etc.)? Also, the only reason I would get the 9150 over the 9130 would be future upgradability. Where would I buy a mobile version of a GPU? I've tried searching ncix, tigerdirect.ca and newegg.ca for the 7970m and 680m (just to try the seach) and I couldn't find them by themselves.
    Basically, in 3 years or so when I want to upgrade my GPU, will I be able to find one that is compatible with the 9150?

I love the low key look of these sagers. I was contemplating the Y580 or MSI GE60 but am glad I waited and read reviews. They are hot! So, I've bumped up my $1200 inclusive budget a little and am thinking of sager. I will probably order from reflexnotebook. The big decision now is 9130 or 9150. I will just get lowest possible video card for now, the 670 and a few modest upgrades (IC thermal paste and the wifi)

Also, I'm thinking about the wireless upgrade. I want the 6300 ultimate but I think I'd probably kick myself in a little while for not getting bluetooth. It's always handy to have for transferring pictures or using other periphrials.

BTW, I'm coming from a dell inspiron 6400 w/ ATI X1400 (OOOOOOOOOO shiny) so whatever I get will be a HUGE upgrade. I spent $1200 back then so I figured I could make $1200 last another 5 years :p

Also, I want to get a laptop before Windows 8 becomes standard but I'd hope that these specialty vendors would give the option of win7 after 8 is out. Perhaps I can get the $15 upgrade to win8 and sell it? Does that sound like a plan?

Thanks for reading.

2. Kazalor

Kazalor Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Although I do not own a 9150, I believt the audio problem with headphones has also plagued the NP9150, and as far as GPU upgrades in the next years with the 9150, you should be fine as it is made to upgrade parts with upcoming GPUs being released. About Windows 8, I'm not sure, but I do know that most resellers offer customers who are buying a laptop now with Windows 7 a $15 upgrade to Windows 8, so if that's your question, then there's your answer.

3. festa_freak

Reputations:
    Sounds cool. The upgrade to windows 8 is direct through microsoft. I've never done the upgrade thing before but I assume I will get a key for a digital copy. Then I could probably sell that online. I think that is legal, just make it plain that they are buying a digital copy of a product.

Anyone who owns a 9150 care to report on the headphone audio?

4. csoren

csoren Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've tried the various public betas of Win8 on the 9150 and to be honest, it's not great. Getting the drivers to work is a right pain so I suspect the vendors will be offering Win7 as long as Win8 doesn't quite work right on this machine.

5. festa_freak

Reputations:
    Oh no way! I'm not going to use Win8, I'm just considering getting it and selling my license. Nothing really appeals to me about it.

6. festa_freak

Reputations:
    Hello, with school (for the younger ones) I assume the 'back to school' promo is going to be ending soon. How often do sager have promotions throughout the year? Will they have a fall madness and then Christmas sale? I don't want to wait for black friday/boxing day.

7. Kiol

Kiol Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Mythlogic mentioned they would have back to school until September, I imagine similar with Sager.

8. n0j0y

n0j0y Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Mythlogics sale has been going on the last few weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.