Questions about HIDEvolution

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by Tsukurimashou, May 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ted@HIDevolution

Ted@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    Hey guys. Ted from HIDevolution here. I'm here to answer any questions about what we do and clarify any misunderstandings about us. We've been in business since 2007, and we plan to be around for a long time. =)

Ultra Male likes this.
  2. aishkar

aishkar Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello, I am from India and considering to buy an Alienware M18x, can you please tell whether you had to pay custom duty for the laptop or not. I am really concerned about how would I get the laptop on time.

3. aishkar

aishkar Newbie

Reputations:
    Will there be any custom duty if I order a dell alienware m18x r2 laptop and get it in India. And how much time will it take to get the laptop to india.

4. aishkar

aishkar Newbie

Reputations:
    Will there be any custom duty if I order a dell alienware m18x r2 laptop and get it in India. And how much time will it take to get the laptop to india

5. Prasad

Prasad NBR Reviewer 1337 NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Yes, there will be customs duty charges levied importing it to India. You need to check specifics with your local airport authority. This information can ofcourse also be obtained online. Time of delivery with Sager resellers is usually rather quick enough, thus the least of your worries.

6. varunrs

varunrs Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone from the international buyers purchased their International warranty.

The only reason I wanna buy from them is that they provide International Warranty with 2 way shipping included. Granted that you can avail it only 2 times a year but it would be an awesome feature to have for me if I end up purchasing a sager or even an Alienware.

So I just wanted to ask if anyone has availed their international warranty and how was your experience especially the turn-around time.

7. Colpolite

Colpolite Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Is HIDevolution a Sager reseller????

Or are they like Mythlogic??? If they are then what is their logo or where is their logo on the lid???

8. Ted@HIDevolution

Ted@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    Our Clevo systems do not come with logos on the lid.

Since no one chimed in about our HIDevolution Global Warranty option, we generally handle the return shipping (from customer to us) 2 ways, at our discretion:

1) We provide the customer with a DHL prepaid return label. Simply pack up the laptop and/or parts securely, print and affix label to box, drop off at local DHL ship center (or arrange for pickup). Package should arrive at our facility within about 2-3 days, regardless of the customer's location within the world.

2) The customer ships the package using his preferred courier service (government postal service, FedEx, DHL, UPS, etc). For most, the government postal service is generally considered to be the most economical. We reimburse the cost of return shipping back to our facility in California based on the USPS Priority Mail International rate and the physical weight of the package upon arrival at our facility (rate can be calculated at International Price Calculator). For example, if you are located in South Africa and the physical weight of the packaged item turns out to be 20 lbs upon arrival at our facility, we would reimburse you $134.50 (as of the date of this writing). Reimbursement would come in the form of a credit back to your credit/debit card or store credit towards a future purchase.

Upon repair or replacement of your system and/or part(s), we would return the product back to the customer at our cost using our preferred courier service (usually FedEx or DHL but we reserve the decision to ship by United States Postal Service as well).

After the 2 instances per year of 2 way international shipping has been exhausted, the customer would have to pay for return shipping back to our facility. We would continue to cover international return shipping back to the customer an unlimited number of times.

9. ArcticMonkeys

ArcticMonkeys Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi guys,

I'm a foreigner student at Manchester, UK. I'm not a EU citizen.

1. If I buy a laptop from Hidevolution.com, will all expenses covered upon checkout? Including tax, such as VAT.
    If I'm not mistaken imported items VAT, usually 20%, need to be paid before the item is delivered. I don't know if it also applies to foreigner.

2. If I choose to ship it using FedEx instead of USPS, do I still need to pay 'the extra cost' upon the arrival of the item? Because from my experience using DHL, I always still need to pay some extra service cost when the item arrives.

3.Also, why is the price of FedEx Economy is much more expensive than FedEx Priority upon checkout? I though Priority delivers faster than Economy?

4.Is it possible to deliver my laptop to a different address, not my billing address? Because I have a non-UK credit card.

5. Is there anything that I need to be prepare to pay if I choose a non-government carrier?

6. Can you mark an item as a gift? If you can, by doing this, is it possible that it will reduce the likelihood of paying the extra VAT?

7. Do you have any discount code?

The chosen laptop is actually quite expensive, almost $3000.

Thanks

10. tiduspr

tiduspr Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.