Questions about HIDEvolution

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by Tsukurimashou, May 14, 2011.

1. Tsukurimashou

Tsukurimashou Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hi, I want to buy an alienware m14x and i'm actually in europe (france) but in june i'll be in canada to study for 3 years, I don't want to buy it on Canada because there is no coupons, no nameplate and it's more expensive because of taxes (about 180$ for a 1300$ laptop) so I looked a hidevolution and it seems to be a good deal, but I don't know what will it cost to me, if there is a % in the price or something like that. My other question is that they talk about termal paste for the CPU and GPU for 55$ (IC Diamond on CPU + GPU - INSTALLED BY HIDevolution) do you think it worth it? I know that m14x have some temps issues and I'm too lazy to change it by myself, it seems to be a good deal, the other services seems a little overpriced (SSD, RAM) so I'll buy it latter. The last question is there is customs fee if I ship from USA to Canada?
    I hope someone that already used hidevolution can answer my questions, anyway thanks in advance.

2. Serephucus

Serephucus Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    There won't be any extra charges that HID would randomly put on your laptop, but you'd have to pay customs charges*. As for the thermal compound, it would make a difference I think, but really, if it's just laziness, order a tube of IC Diamond and get of your . :p You'll thank yourself when you've finished.

* Give them a call and tell them your situation. Mention the customs charges, see what they say. ;)

3. Tsukurimashou

Tsukurimashou Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    There won't be extra charge? But the m14x is at the same price in the dell store, so HIDevolution take 0$ if I juste take the base model without termal paste ect? It's weird.

4. Serephucus

Serephucus Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'm not sure what you're asking...

5. Panchowska

Panchowska Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Maybe they have some kind of deal with the manufacturers.

Anyway, I orderer the same notebook a few days ago, they're still processing the payment. Hopping to get it by july (will take long to get to Chile).

6. Captain Razer

Captain Razer Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    hi! so I can't wait to get back to US and order mine! so I'm ordering from outside! any idea where to get discount coupons? HIDevolution twitter seems not active and last twit was about the release of the M15x! so I guess I need your help here! :eek:

7. Brabostaan

Brabostaan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Last I heared was that the coupon system was not up yet.

Do you live in the US?

8. Captain Razer

Captain Razer Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    yes! but right now I'm in dubai! not coming back until next march!

no-no, I can't wait :p not when my old HP started to die on me!

9. bABYhUEY

bABYhUEY Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Do NOT purchase from HIDevolution, sorry.

They sold me a 2920XM processor in a laptop; turned out to be an non-retail ES chip (engineering sample), isn't keyed properly to open up expanded BIOS, along with a couple of other problems, and wont even answer my emails or calls...$4K later. A "Ted"
    Sorry for the bad news.

10. niffcreature

niffcreature computer lesbian

Reputations:
    UMMM 4000$ is your own fault, sorry, especially if you didn't think about how you'd get it back if they didn't ship you anything.
    Also your fault, not checking the step code of the CPU, any of the obvious things to see if its ES.

If all they told you was its a 2920xm then they have done you no wrong whatsoever.

Laptops BIOS is the MANUFACTURERS fault. Which BTW this company isn't one, so they actually tend to take CPUs for what they're worth rather than intangible aspects, not to mention do research into CPUs with unlocked multipliers are overclocked these days. Hint: NOT in the BIOS.

Its really ignorant and disrespectful of you to try and discourage others from buying from this company simply based on your experience. You should not be posting such arrogant nonsense. You aren't a review site, and they aren't scammers.

Phoenix likes this.