Questions about Aorus X7 v6-PC3D (Non 1440 screen)

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by jjp, Nov 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rickbell

rickbell Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Sure, I can do that.

2. jjp

jjp Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Do you have skype or steam, some what to message you back and forth more quickly? I promise to only ask you questions about laptop performance lol

3. jgalewsk

jgalewsk Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Quick question concerning the x7 v6 with the 1080p IPS display... what is the response time of that panel?

We already know it has a 75Hz refresh rate, but I haven't seen a single review of the laptop with the 1080p display. It's quite frustrating when manufacturers don't advertise the full specs of the machines they sell.

4. Jared_T

Jared_T Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It would not really be the manufacturer's fault as it would be your standard IPS screen with standard IPS level response times and refresh rates. Unless its really like a first for that company like the 120hz 5ms screen. And to answer your question it would be in the 25 to 35ms range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. enthused

enthused Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Interested in getting Aorus X7 v6-PC3D (FHD) but I'm concerned about the quality of the monitor.

Can someone tell me the model of the LCD? You can find this under Device Manager -- Generic PnP Monitor -- Details - Hardware ID for instance MONITOR\LG173HW02

6. Jared_T

Reputations:
    Using it right now! Its pretty good. I cant give any exact measurements as i do not own the tools for it but nice rich colors all round. Black levels are quite good too. And G Sync tops it off. I run it OCed at 100hz

When i google the monitor ID i cant actually find any info on it. Either no one uses this panel or im just doing it wrong...

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

7. enthused

enthused Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks Jared

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  8. case hart

case hart Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I am seeing this model on sale at newegg. Any follow up review on it? How are you liking it now?

9. Jared_T

Reputations:
    Going strong as of this time. Had a small issue where my display driver would not install but thats an isolated issue with my OS. Also my left Alt key is loose but that was a factory defect and im not gonna bother replacing it since i have an external keyboard. Other than that, its excellent. Lasts me for around 3 and a half hours browsing the web in class. Got a - 165mv undervolt applied. Thermals looking great as well. Mid 60s to low 70s on both CPU and GPU with TG Kryonaut.

If its at a good price, you should really snag it. Update your drivers and you should be good for a few years at least with this machine. Keep in mind that this SKU has a 256GB m.2 rather than the 512GB in the 3K SKU

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

10. case hart

case hart Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Awesome to hear!
    Is it easy to repaste the cpu and gpu on these? I can get it for between 1700 us and 1900 us. With the 1080p monitor only. I have a 512gb ssd already waiting for this if I do get it. I have been looking for a good desktop replacement that didn't weigh 10 lbs this looks like it might be the one. I heard you can oc the 1080p to 100z you have it right? Are you able to do that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.