Question

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 28dayz, Apr 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 28dayz

28dayz Newbie

Reputations:
    For those of you with silver laptops, or the space around the keyboard is silver, how do you keep the area where your palm sits clean? I've had two laptops and I usually rub off some of the color there and theres just two really ugly, black spots where my palm usually is. Is this just my problem are do others also experience this? Thanks a lot.

2. Brian

Brian Working at 486 Speed NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    I could see how that might be a problem. This is my first silver notebook, the past ones have all been black. I'm only 6+ months into it so there's been no paint issues yet, but I'll report back if there are.

Editor in Chief http://www.bargainPDA.com and http://www.SPOTstop.com

3. Big Calhoun

Big Calhoun Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Most of my laptops are VAIOs, and thus purple, but I go through that every once in a while. Usually in the summer. You can always wipe the area down with a soft, damp cloth to keep it clean. If you have 'stains', I'd try wiping it down with a damp, warm cloth soaked with soapy water. Not to wet b/c you don't want water dripping into the keyboard or chassis. As far as prevention, maybe the Write-Right type of plastic film used to protect PDA screens could do the trick?? You could always cut it down to size to fit your palm rests.

4. ROADKILL

ROADKILL Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    you could put some clear plastic palm rests on there,
    like that thick clear packing tape that you have to cut
    to get to your new toys.
    [8D]

5. Sequoia225

Sequoia225 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah I dont understand the paint thing. Id rather just have colored plastic. I have very corrosive oils in my skin. Dont ask me why.
    Im very clean. But things I handle a lot corrode (rings, instruments)
    more than with some people. Im sure with my new Dell which has silver paint that I will wear the paint as I use this every day.

If I think of a good solution of what to put on it, Ill post it on this board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.