Question about the Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Beemo, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Beemo

Beemo BGA is totally TSK TSK!

Reputations:
    I know it's almost bloatware free version of W10, but does it still need tools like MSMG or NTLite?

2. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    depends solely on yourself or what you would consider "bloat". one man's trash is another man's treasure ;)

3. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Enterprise is not bloat free, it's just that you have the ability to disable most telemetry from the source within Group Policy Editor.

jaybee83 likes this.
  4. Beemo

Reputations:
    I just want a cleaner OS without the extra garbage that M$ put into it such as the ones listed below.

I thought that M$ did not include Cortana, Edge, and Metro apps in this version? And other garbage like Candy Crush, Minecraft, etc.

5. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Yeah it allows you to really block telemetry from the group policy editor and has no built in apps and no app store so that could be a problem if you use the app store although there is a way to manually install it.

For example on my MSI laptop, I *need* the app store to install Nahimic which adds audio effects for my sound chipset, and to install the Synaptics Touchpad settings as it's now an app store utility and to install Age of Empires.

But if you do need the app store, why not just use Windows 10 Pro along with O&O ShutUp 10 and uninstall the Windows Store apps with CCleaner or any other tool. You see where I'm going to?

If you however have absolutely no need for the app store then it's by far the cleanest OS you can get out of the box. I have none of the garbage but the app store/telemetry in my Windows 10 Pro. You don't wanna remove telemetry using the MSMG Toolkit as that will break the Windows Store apps but I disabled Telemetry using O&O ShutUp10
    ==============================================================
    Windows 10 Redstone 5 Home/Pro De-bloated Edition [​IMG]

After you install the OS, the first thing you need to do is head click on the Start Menu > Windows System > then right click on Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator

Then copy/paste the following command:

Code:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase
    Then configure all your Windows settings/library location (ie. Documents, Music, Pics, etc) then install drivers and you're good to go

PS: This ISO has most of the Windows Store Apps removed, Windows Defender Removed, Microsoft Edge Removed, Cortana Removed, Windows Error Reporting Removed, Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program removed, etc. BUT Windows Telemetry was NOT removed as it will break the functionality of some Windows Store apps (unfortunately some drivers/system devices need their Windows Store app to function properly) BUT you can disable Telemetry using O&O ShutUp10 after installing Windows that will not break Windows Store apps.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    6730b, Beemo and jaybee83 like this.
  6. Beemo

Reputations:
    Thanks brother. Now I know that I don't need to debloat this version of Windows 10. I just acquired a key for LTSB and will test it out.

Vasudev and Ultra Male like this.
  7. saturnotaku

Reputations:
    No, W10 Enterprise is functionally identical to all other versions. The app store and all the built-in software that's part of a standard Pro install are there. The only exceptions are the game demos (Minecraft, Candy Crush, etc). While you can shut down telemetry from group policy editor, I still run O&O Shutup10 and Windows Privacy Dashboard for an extra layer of assurance.

Beemo likes this.
  8. Beemo

Reputations:
    So does that mean that I still need MSMG or NTLite to debloat this version of W10?

9. saturnotaku

Reputations:
    You can if you want. I use Revo Uninstaller to get rid of the built-in apps I don't want because there are a couple I actually use. O&O Shutup10 and Windows Privacy Dashboard take care of the rest (Cortana, et al).

Edit: OK, this is my bad. I have the vanilla version of Enterprise that comes with everything. You're asking about LTSB, which doesn't. Still, you may or may not need/want to use another application to strip it down even further.

jaybee83 likes this.
  10. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    I'm running LTSC 2019 on my laptop. No need to "debloat" it. All I did was use WinAero Tweaker to disable all telemetry and other small tweaks.

There's no cortana, no edge browser, no apps included. App store works fine though if you decide to add it in.

jaybee83 likes this.