Question about the MSI Recovery USB

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Ultra Male, Feb 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArmaniDiamonds

ArmaniDiamonds Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I understand that. But it should be on their website where you download dragon center and all that. Guess I'll just buy the damn USB stick

2. ArmaniDiamonds

Reputations:
    Well that's what I'm using now. Just no recovery partition on my laptop anymore.

3. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Yeah, that's actually an awesome alternative to being required to send in your whole laptop :)

4. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    just use Macrium Reflect.....

hmscott likes this.
  5. hmscott

Reputations:
    I agree with using Macrium Relect to backup your build as you tune it up, and going forward, but it's important to at least get that base image backup provided by using MSI BurnRecovery - everyone can do that - even if they won't go through the effort of implementing further backup procedures with something like Macrium Reflect.

I've run into too many people with stuff not working in their "clean" build, wanting a sanity check by loading the OEM out of the box OS image - and not being able to because they thoughtlessly blew away their OS / recovery partition before backing it up.

It's good to encourage using MSI BurnRecovery - and other vendors equivalent image recovery boot USB images, as a sanity check for future issues - especially with how much of a Clown Car Windows 10 has turned out to be :)
    clown-car-airbags-pies.gif

6. ArmaniDiamonds

Reputations:
    This is just a basic recovery im guessing. What would be the difference between using this and my windows 10 USB install stick?

7. ArmaniDiamonds

Reputations:
    Except I literally cannot find MSI burn recovery ANYWHERE and I've searched for the past day and a half for it.

8. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Well, if you use the MSI Recovery, it would take you about 20-30 mins to restore

If you backup using Macrium Reflect, provided you have a 2nd SSD in your system and the backup image destination was that 2nd SSD, the restoration would take 1-2 mins ;)

9. ArmaniDiamonds

Reputations:
    I just really like the fresh out the box feeling when I restore. I don't mind the bloat and stuff. When I restore I wanna feel like I just bought the computer. I don't think Macrium has MSI burn recovery partition :/

hmscott likes this.
  10. hmscott

Reputations:
    It came on your laptop... oh, yeah, right ;)

The good news is you can use the USB boot flash recovery drive to install the entire OS image - be careful to only have 1 drive connected internally (externally too), as the installer will format and repartition everything it finds!

Once you have restored the MSI Out of the box recovery image to a drive and booted on it, that will have MSI BurnRecovery installed on it :)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    Ultra Male likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.