*Quasi-Official ENVY 14 discounts, delays, "mine is shipping" lounge*

Discussion in 'HP' started by 2.0, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oeuntho

oeuntho Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I received it yesterday, and the laptop is amazing. I used it 5:50 to 2 AM uninstalling bloatware installing my programs I like to use, DL a game, played the game all night, and at the same time multi tasking like a mad man. Laptop didn't get hot at all very little fan noise, only if the room is dead quite did I hear any but I wear my Studio headphones anyways so It would never be a problem. I also compared the tx2500z headphone jack to the beats headphone jack sounds very good, very crisp and mid bass was very nice gave the music a very nice body to the vocals. I simply was blown away by the quality even youtube videos were very good, I had riped some of my cd's to get better sound quality than mp3 at a slow 160 over the original ~320. The keyboard back light was brighter than I thought it would be comparing it to the pictures previously taken. Good amount of light and at night I thought it would hurt my eyes blending in but it was perfect. The lighting was centered there wasn't a side of the keyboard that was brighter than the other. No CPU wine, I did have to DL Battery Bar for the accurate battery. The finish was very nice, the soft rubbery texture on the inside was very nice I loved the feeling no finger prints or any dirty palms after a long session of gaming. The sensitivity of the chicklet keyboard was very nice, I liked how much pressure I had to use and the sound it made. No keyboard flex what so ever. The Trackpad is perfectly aligned with the Body as well. The thing that took it away for me was the looks though, the sexy black and red, was perfect contrasting colors, to make it look sleek and mainstream. Let me know if you want any news or more info.

2. awdotson

awdotson Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Enjoy that while it lasts, this thing picks up dust and finger prints like no other.

3. MagusDraco

MagusDraco Biiiiiiirrrrdmaaaaaaan

Reputations:
    yeah the keyboard picks up fingerprints like none other.

though the newer keyboard does have rubber on the keys so that may mitigate it some.

My CTO1000 keyboard keys are plastic, no rubber on the top of them.

The screen is a maaaajor dust magnet (hell all laptop screens are) the moment you put them in a bag. I mean seriously. The amount of dust/fuzz that can be seen on it once I take it out of that HP notebook sleeve....

4. oeuntho

Reputations:
    Yeah, i haven't really noticed any finger prints but i had the dust problem with all my other previous laptops, I won't be carrying this around school anytime soon the outside does how ever attract many fingerprints

5. Why_Me

Why_Me Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Mine is shipping right now! Man, I can hardly wait. Estimated date is by next Monday, but it just might make it by Friday. (lol @ wishful thinking)

I'm all set up, ready to clean install and do everything to make it just right!

6. oeuntho

Reputations:
    It is a really great machine trust me, quality of mine was top notch some were alright but mine was better than I hoped for. Hope you get it tomorrow

7. koflok

koflok Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi sorry I'm a bit late here but I'm just curious. I read somewhere one of the people here got a price of only 700ish with slice battery + 6 gig RAM + etc. Great deal!
    What discount was it? $500 off or something?

Is that from the January order which was delayed couple of times until this month?

8. awdotson

awdotson Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That would be me. I originally received 500 dollars off of 1400, so I bought the slice and whatever upgrades on cpu and ram to get it to 1399.99. Then due to several delays, they took off 89.99 and then another 49.99.

They don't do the 500 terribly often, but keep an eye out, they also generally limit it to the first 200 customer or so, sometimes more.

9. koflok

koflok Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Oh I see, did you get the one with the Radiance or Beats edition?

I thought you were able to stack 2 coupons (which is not possible, right?) or something to get that insane amount of discount.

Just ordered mine with $300 discount, but still envious upon reading that you got such great deal (despite the frustrating delay). I got a 1k deal but that hasn't included the battery slice. So in total the price difference is $500 for the pretty much the same laptop :S

10. jimmyrock88

jimmyrock88 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    he ordered around 15th Jan and laptop didn't ship until after15th march! that's more than 2 month delay! so they gave him 10% off his original order price.

people here have gotten $3k worth of laptop on exchange for their envy but then it is worth the trouble they go through!

if your laptop also goes through 2 or not delays (hoping it won't) then you would also get it for around $800. That's still a pretty darn good deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.