Qosmio x775 Models

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by bacnation, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freeter12

freeter12 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, does anyone has upgraded the LCD screen resolution?
    using thisToshiba K000123120 LCD Screen, Call for Pricing

2. ThurstonX

ThurstonX Newbie

Reputations:
    Greetings.

I've got an X775-Q7270 that I'm looking to upgrade with a couple new components. I've ordered the Wireless LAN card, but I'm not sure about upgrading the LED screen to 1920x1080. From reading this thread, those linked within, and a few others scattered around the Net, I gather that is possible. My model runs an nVidia GeForce GTX 560M at 1600x900. I'm not a gamer, and I love desktop real estate.

I've found the following, and would like to hear opinions re: the Qosmio X75-A7180 screen:

Item ID: 357964
    https://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/Toshiba/QOSMIO X75-A7180/

vs. the Dell XPS 17 L702X screen:

Item ID: 857498
    https://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/Dell/XPS~17~L702X/

There are four screens listed on the Dell page, two glossy and two matte. Aside from item numbers, I don't see any differences. I'm looking for a glossy.

I took screenshots of the Back of Screens and Connectors to compare, and they are identical. Assuming either one will work, any opinions re: quality? The Dell is marginally less expensive. I do like my current Qosmio screen, just want higher res.

TIA!

3. ThurstonX

ThurstonX Newbie

Reputations:
    After corresponding with Ellis from laptopscreens.com I went ahead and ordered a 1920x1080 WUXGA panel. Hopefully I'll have time to install it this weekend. I'm looking at the difficulty of adding a 3rd antenna for the Intel 6300, since the panel will already be off.

4. ThurstonX

ThurstonX Newbie

Reputations:
    Quick update re: the Intel 6300. Installation was ridiculously easy. I love the way the Qosmio is laid out compared to my old HP dv7t. I had the latest Windows driver-only executable ready to go. The installer never reports anything, but you can tell from the the WiFi icon in the tray that it was successful. Bad Intel... BAD! :p

Here's what I noticed about the 6300 vs. the Qualcomm Atheros card that came with the laptop:

Only two antennae on the Atheros, which are oriented thusly when looking at the screen with the card installed:

'M' on the right with black antenna attached
    'A' on the left with the white antenna attached

Assuming M = Main and A = Alternate, this is reversed on the 6300:

'2' on the right
    '3' in the middle
    '1' on the left

There is no way to get the black antenna to '1' on the 6300; same for white to '2'. This does not seem to matter, but WhatsThePoint says the following about antennae:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/msi...-intel-6300-wireless-adapter.html#post9423964

I'm looking at these antennae as replacements, since I'll have the LCD panel off when I replace it:

3X Tyco Laptop Internal Wireless Antenna WiFi 5GHz Intel 6300 Mini PCI E UFL USA | eBay

I sent them a message about potential problems with fit. Can't really tell from that photo if they're numbered, and I wonder if it matters.

Nice to be running at 300 Mbps on my 5 GHz channel :) Looking forward to 450! :D

Splintah likes this.
  5. Korel

Korel Newbie

Reputations:
    Where can I find this part? The connector for a second hard disk drive?

6. Korel

Korel Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm looking for the connector for a secondary hard drive for my X775 Qosmio Toshiba. I have the hard drive. I just need the connector. Any ideas? webguys@korel.com

7. ThurstonX

ThurstonX Newbie

Reputations:
    You could try this: K000126450 - Toshiba Laptop Miscellaneous Parts

You should probably go through the steps of identifying your Qosmio, down to the model number. For example, mine came back with
    Toshiba Qosmio X775 (PSBY5U-01K01F) Laptop Parts and Repair for Notebook Computers

Found it here: Toshiba Qosmio x770 - there is no SATA connector i... - TOSHIBA FORUMS

Toshiba's support is basically worthless.

HTH.

8. blade76

blade76 Newbie

Reputations:
    hi
    I ask for help to revive this excellent notebook. While working on the PC is switched off suddenly and is no longer running. Connecting the PC to the power supply does not turn on no led. I tried another power supply thinking it was burnt but will not turn the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.