Qosmio x775 Models

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by bacnation, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hydra

hydra Breaks Laptops

Reputations:
    Flash using the included instructions using the CD method? Worked fine for me three times. Detailed instructions are included in the extracted download.

Repasting is way over rated. I learned this after several repaste using three different TIMS. I did learn that cleaning off TIM is very important. However your temps, while just browsing, is way off. I would have to guess a bad repaste unless theses are the same temps you had before. If so then yes, I would contact Toshiba..maybe bad heatpipe?

Try the disk method and let us know..

If using alcohol, use the 100% as this has none of the oils in rubbing flavors. I use Artic Clean, citrus based, works fast and does not attract water like alcohol.

2. hydra

hydra Breaks Laptops

Reputations:
    Thanks for the link. My old x775 chugs along so I have not been in the market.

90C is normal for some games that drive the hardware to the max. I still love FPS and RPG's that normally do not post above 78C. But then I read BF3 is an exception but I don't own it. I would love to check out the X875. I'm not into 3D at all but would like to check out the 120hz screens, like the $2k Samsung. I do use a cooler to help with my laptops cooling in any way..these things will never equal good gaming destop IMHO.

I like to find the best bang for the buck around the $1K to $1200 mark as everything is old after a year. If wife would not have me killed then I could easily turn a $1k laptop into a $2.2k laptop after upgrades;)

3. PhobiAnas

PhobiAnas Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    LOL, my wife could do the same !

I'd advice you not to get near Toshiba's crap laptops at all !!
    I'd consider Sager/Clevo for more cooling solutions & bang GPU's into their laptops ...
    Or for another story, So does Alienware, but screw them with their damn prices, M18x is a banger for all laptops into games. Yet i think G75 is good reading from what ppl say about them.
    IMO, any gaming laptop used high end power & GPU's really really needs 2 fans with 2/4 heatpipes AT LEAST to get rid of that heat oven being generated.
    Actually, im starting to hate gaming laptops for that reason, considering a SFF desktop that will diffidently cost LESS for MORE power & gaming experience.
    Now let me know what you think.

Edit: LOL never get near 120Hz screens or 3D laptops, they draw Tons of power & GPU's ability for nothing. i have played Crysis 2 in 3D, wasnt worth it due to the very low FPS in game plus you kill alot of gaming details for that!

4. hydra

hydra Breaks Laptops

Reputations:
    After watching many 3D movies at the movie houses and BR-3D at the BM stores, I'll pass. The best 3D images are still film based stereo viewers. I find the electronic viewing a bit tiring after 90 minutes and the producers tend to go overboard with text in the middle of the room.

I would think that any video card would have to work twice as hard at 120hz for a given frame rate but would like to see cool running hardware that can do 240hz at 100 fps. I guess that's way down the road, no?

5. PhobiAnas

PhobiAnas Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    If my probelm with Bios gets fixed, im gonna post an damn amazing 2-way method to water cool & fan cooling fix for the x770/x775 that can drop the idle temp to 30-35c & the max gaming temps to 60-77c. :thumbsup:
    But the bios is killing me fun for everything. :mad:

6. PhobiAnas

PhobiAnas Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Well, Maybe if you have tons of power into a GPU like the 670/680 series, hooked into a 3D TV, maybe ... i said maybe.
    You're right on the tiring spot, i played Crysis 2 3D for 30 mins, my eyes were in a desert shape!
    Not recommended, thats why alot of Gaming production lines dropped the 3D for its Disadvantages !

7. PhobiAnas

PhobiAnas Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Would the CD boot method work & the USB wont ? is it possible whats happening to me ?

8. gunny5821

gunny5821 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks guys for the info.. I'm currently gaming on my HP Envy 17-3290nr (3D).. HP finally got it right with this 3rd and final revision.. They have separate heat pipes and fans for the CPU and GPU, and as such my gaming Temps usually don't go above the high 50's to low 60's, compared to my 2nd gen Envy that only had 1 fan and the temps run in the mid 80's playing the same games.. I'm not so much looking to replace my current Envy, but more in line at looking for a gaming machine backup.. I am currently looking at the Toshiba Qosmio X875, Samsung Series 7 Gamer, Sony IdeaPad Y500 and the Asus G75VW.. The Asus however is almost $500+ above all the other brands, but it does have dual heat pipes and fans.. I will probably keep looking and see what comes out after Intel releases the Haswell upgrade.. So, the search goes on...............................

9. vallantines

vallantines Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone, so I am with the x775-Q7272 for like year and i half. I'm still using the BIOS v1.10 and it's doing so far pretty good job. I was wondering if there is some new solution for our problem, or some improvement that will cool the machine better? Can someone upload the install file of the BIOS, because i will soon clean the laptop and fresh reinstall it? :radar:

10. alexUW

alexUW Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    The BIOS is part of the motherboard; so it should not change/deleted if you do a new install of windows.
    As for cooling, I do not own a x775, but I haven't heard of anything new for the cooling. However, you may want to try a laptop cooling pad [may help].
    Glad to hear your Qosmio is still going strong. Good luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.