Qosmio x775 Models

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by bacnation, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bron5

Bron5 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks for taking the time to come back and share your experience and info!

2. PhobiAnas

PhobiAnas Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    OMG how did you do the downgrading of the Bios, plzzzzzzz show me how !!!

3. PhobiAnas

PhobiAnas Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I have got a hold on all system vBios for now, i have from v1.10 till v2.1 .... i guess the 1.10 is the mother fix for all your Qosmio's throttling ... the idea now is how to implement it into the system and flash it ...
    Anyone help ?:confused:

4. hydra

hydra Breaks Laptops

Reputations:
    Ok, what part are you having a problem with? Are you not able to create the CD to flash with? It's been awhile but was not the cd burning utility included with full instructions?

BTW, I run the 1.7 version as the games I play run fine on it. 1.10 only helped my throttling with benchmarks so I quit using it to get the newer fixes, but , others still used it but no longer sure of how many or any problems. Rarely do you hear back on any BIOS updates.

5. gunny5821

gunny5821 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I know this is the X775 model thread, but was wondering if you guys knew how many fans are in the X875 models?? I'm hoping that Toshiba fixed the fan issue with this model and placed two in it like HP did with the 3rd gen Envy laptops.. Assistance would be appreciated..

6. PhobiAnas

PhobiAnas Notebook Guru

Reputations:

Well, i have the USB boot drive ... with win98 booter, then i place the Bios.rom ( 1.10 ) in it with AFUDOS to use it, here's what happened :

for the 1st week, i used it with a respond: '' Error : Bios write protected ''
    then i use the Afudos engineering edition to force the action, : the initial what taken with no respond !??!?!
    Just it jumped to the next line & the pointer stayed flashing & flashing ... nothing happened.
    I need a way from you to help me get this working.
    Can you help me ?
    Maybe if i tooked your bios way & files, might work ?
    ... why cant i get it to work? Whats wrong with my Qosmio that no one have the same problem as me !?!??! :(

C:>afudos/ibios.rom/nr/pbnc -------> my command.

I repasted the CPU/GPU today & i made this Discovery that i think no one knows it !
    Here : 20130330_151410.jpg

There is 3 micro jumpers there:

1. JPW
    2. JME
    3. JCMOS

lol ? whats 1 + 2 for ?
    And What about the big bus in there as well ?

7. hydra

hydra Breaks Laptops

Reputations:
    The USB method. Well, since this did not work for you , what happens when you use the disk image and burn the CD as instructed?

I use the USB method to install OS along with the MS USB Tool and all works fine, but, follow the instructions for flashing the BIOS which in my book..very dangerous. Using the Windows method is much worse as reported by a few in this forum.

@ gunny

I perfer two fans in any 17" gaming laptop to handle any possible load or OC. That said, my 11" Clevo is single fan with quad. Normal gaming temps can be high but not excessive, like the two fan Clevos. I think proper thermal design is the key with big enough heat pipe for the max TDP. I have not read or missed the posts of overheating with the 875's; links please?

..and oviouslly the x875's designer was left handed? Heat vent on the right?!? Single vent or more, I would bet most want the heat out the back?

8. PhobiAnas

PhobiAnas Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    OK, if the flashing is dangerous, what do you suggest i should do ?
    Repasting is crap .. the temp in web browsing is 66-70c. ?!
    Do you think i should throw my mobo to the Toshiba Center to send it back to Mother Toshiba to replace it ? will the '' other / new '' Mobo have a stock Bios on it like 1.10v ?
    Be detailed plz

9. gunny5821

gunny5821 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Here are the links to the Toshiba forums wherein people are complaining about the heat issues with the X875 series:
    Qosimo x875-7290 HOT - TOSHIBA FORUMS
    http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Qosmio...ompletely-in-Middle-of-Games/m-p/361734#M6802

I cannot recall the other websites, but there was enough complaints that it caused me to stop my purchase and investigate the heat issues further before pulling the trigger and making the purchase.. To be honest, there just isn't a lot of high end gaming systems out there right now that are issue free.. I like the X875-3D because you are getting some serious bang for the buck, but if it ends up being a heat oven the offset goes right out the window.. I was looking at the Asus G75 and Alienware m18x, but they just don't have a business form factor to them, where as the x875 does.. I guess I just need to find that sweet spot.. Of course I may just end up buying the X875 and running the heck out of it for the first 15 days to see if the heat issue is realistic or not.. I can always return it if that pops up...

Maybe some more x875 owners will come forth and contribute...

10. alexUW

alexUW Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    That's awfully hot, even for x775 standards; something is not right. I would give Toshiba a call and have them investigate it.

The x775 should have normal operating temperatures [40-60 Celsius]. The x775 will only overheat [90+ Celsius, when doing intensive gaming]; which will cause the throttling and reduction in temperatures.

Make sure your fans/vents are clean of any dust. Also, when you did a repaste, make sure you completely cleaned the heatsink and CPU die; I hear rubbing alcohol works well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.