Q: Lenovo Dual Platform Notebook and Monitor Stand and Dock Compatibility

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by Rambler, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Rambler

Rambler Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi,

I have an X220 that I've been using with my ThinkPad Ultrabase Series 3.

Because I need eSATA I have ordered a ThinkPad Mini Dock Plus Series 3 (433810U) and would like to know whether it will work with the Lenovo Dual Platform Notebook and Monitor Stand (4XF0L37598).

I was originally going to purchase the Lenovo Easy Reach Monitor Stand (55Y9258) which confirms compatibility with the ThinkPad Mini Dock Plus Series 3, however the dual platform stand looks a lot better.

I've gone through the Lenovo site and I can find anything that confirms the compatibility of this stand with the Mini Dock Plus Series 3.

Is there anyone who can confirm using this monitor stand with the above mentioned dock, or point me to a link that confirms compatibility.

Thanks

2. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    The product page says it's compatible with the Mini Dock 3.

3. Rambler

Reputations:
    Hi can’t seem to find any reference on dock compatibility besides this page https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/au/en/solutions/acc100281

Which doesn’t list the mini dock plus series 3

do you have a link?

thanks

4. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    My bad, I think I was looking at the Lenovo Easy Reach Monitor Stand. They look pretty similar if you ask me, but that's only my opinion.

5. Rambler

Reputations:
    Ok, after digging around some more I found the Lenovo Option Compatibility Matrix dated January 2020 located here https://support.lenovo.com/au/en/solutions/accs-guide

Under ThinkPad X-Series > X220 12.5" VGA of the excel document the following is confirmed as compatible.

Notebook Stands, Port Replicators, UltraBases > Notebook Stands

Lenovo Dual Platform Notebook and Display Stand - 4XF0H70606
    Lenovo Essential Notebook Stand - 45J9292 (Compatible when using system without docks or port replicators)
    Lenovo Adjustable Notebook Stand - 4XF0H70605
    Lenovo Dual Platform Notebook and Monitor Stand - 4XF0L37598

Monitor Accessories > Monitor Stands & Arms

Lenovo Easy Reach Monitor Stand - 55Y9258 (This system is not compatible with any of the docking stations that clip into the monitor stand, however it may be placed on the bottom plate of the monitor stand once the optional pegs are removed. X6 and X200 UltraBases are also supported on the stand once the optional pegs are removed)