Putting stickers on laptop

Discussion in 'Notebook Cosmetic Modifications and Custom Builds' started by synce, Aug 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikeoo17

Mikeoo17 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You'll lose value, increase the time required to sell it, plus the cost of the stickers. Happy modding!

2. marko_chaos

marko_chaos Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    stickers shouldnt be a problem. when you take them off just make sure to either goo-b-gone or rubbing alcohol to get rid of any leftover residue. you wont be able to tell there were ever stickers on it and it wont affect the resale value.

3. pengy_666

pengy_666 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    DO IT!

Stickers look cool. Why be a stupid stuck in the mud. OOhhh can't put stickers on my laptop in case someone dont buy it after wards. TBH most laptops unless MASSIVELY worth it aren't at the point where people expect like new when buying second hand.

A few bits of stickiness from stickers arent going to affect resell unless you are one of those idiots who are all weird about it!

4. Vogelbung

Vogelbung I R Judgemental

Reputations:
    Or if you are that paranoid you could put an Invisibleshield over the case before you stick stickers to it.

5. MAA83

MAA83 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Stickers for design, or concealment are ok. Even art is ok. I like the SW mural and vogelbung's line-ark-ish design. Stickers for "expressing yourself" are whatever. There's gotta be more creative ways of telling people about yourself... I think for a lot of us it doesn't fly in a lot of work environments. I had a couple stickers on my laptop in college, but I would be perceived as unprofessional if I had some of these on my laptop at work or in more professional public environments.

I do engage heavily in stickering my beater laptops. My EEE pc was held together by stickers. There wasn't much chassis left!

6. DEagleson

DEagleson Gamer extraordinaire

Reputations:
    I dont think i would mind all that much to replace the glossy firgerprint parts on certain notebook models with a skin or something.

My friends Dv6 looked super greasy all the time. :(

7. Metamorphical

Metamorphical Good computer user

Reputations:
    The lid of my notebook is glossy and gets pretty messy with fingerprints. But I've never been sure if stickers would help. I really have never been much into bumper stickers on my car. Don't want to be that expressive to others. =b

8. pengy_666

pengy_666 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    TO not do it for the fear of being judged is (insert rude word here).

That is the problem with this world. Its all about acceptance! BS to that!

9. marko_chaos

marko_chaos Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i love my stickers and wouldnt think about taking them off.

http://i.imgur.com/FPqU9.jpg

definitely not everyones cup of tea but i liked them and had them on for over a year

10. Mitchrapp

Mitchrapp Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    My Dell netbook came with a Detroit's Tigers skin and looks completely awesome. That's all I'd put on my laptop.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.