Putting programs on a different drive than local disk (c:)

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by gmm22, Mar 7, 2019.

1. gmm22

gmm22 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have a new computer, an MSI GT80 i-5700HQ. It had a 250gb SSD (local disk C: ) with the operating system and all other software. I just installed a 250gb WD Blue SSD. I want to install AutoCAD on the computer. The C drive has 223gb free. AutoCAD recommends 40gb of disk space. There is enough on the C drive, but I think I'd like AutoCAD installed on the new and empty SSD. To be candid, I have no idea of the ramifications of installing it on one drive or the other. Can someone kindly advise me on whether I can indeed install it on either drive and perhaps indicate the advantages or disadvantages of the choice?

2. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    You can install a program on a different drive just fine. There won’t be any sort of issues in doing this.

Arrrrbol likes this.
  3. gmm22

gmm22 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    O.k. thanks.

4. StormJumper

StormJumper Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I agree you can install running software on another drive without issue you can't install Windows 10 on any drive other then C: because of programming. Just remember if you change drive that drive must always be the drive label to point the Icon to the right location.

5. msintle

msintle Notebook Consultant

Reputations: