Purchasing P35W V3 from GenTechPc. So far not bad, not good, just normal.

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by Xss, Feb 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeagateBoy

SeagateBoy Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That sounds quite bad, did you try running prime95? prime usually ferrets out lots of potential problems

2. Xss

Xss Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks, I'll see if I have time to check that. I sadly don't have much time at the moment to check all of this, and I am not that good at fixing computers: I am getting a lot of recommendations about stuff, programs and other things I have never heard about, so finding tutorials and info on how they work and how to interpret the results sometimes takes a bit of time ^^"

3. SeagateBoy

Reputations:
    Sorry to confuse you, you should just stick with memtest then, blue screens are usually memory problems

4. GenTechPC

GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:

It was indeed repasted. Don't forget one thing, IC Diamond helps cool down the temperature but it's not a fridge. It also depends on the cooling design and the thickness of the chassis, the length of heatpipe, the airflow ect,. there are many factors involve. We've seen IC Diamond doesn't help improve temperatures of CPU and GPU on many laptops such as MSI GS60 with GTX860 and the 18" MSI GT80 Titan (18.4") read here:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/the-official-msi-gt80-titan-owners-lounge.769092/unread

P34W is a thin light weight 14" laptop with GTX970M, with such limitation on the size of heatsink, fan and airflow and it will suffer higher temperature.

5. Xss

Xss Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thank you for taking the time to answer. As I mentioned on my email, I noticed lower temperatures after I did my repaste: I will try the 3Dmark benchmark as soon as I'll have some time.
    I also received an email about the refund, I will let you know when I'll receive the funds. Thank you.

6. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    It should help though within this laptop. I had a huge drop after repasting, almost zero throttling and overall just a more quiet laptop in general usage.

7. SeagateBoy

Reputations:
    It's not a fridge of course, we are not expecting a 20/30 degree drop but as a seller I hope you understand that the only way a customer knows a repaste has been done properly is that temperatures are improved.

I hope resellers test whether a repaste has been applied effectively and not just whether it's been done. Otherwise it defeats the purpose of getting a repaste in the first place.

And if you already know that a repaste doesn't help like you mentioned, I hope you let the customer know and advise him/her not to do a repaste, I think that's the ethical thing to do.

8. Xss

Xss Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have just received a refund check from GenTechPC, but not of $4, more like $19! If it is on purpose, as a commercial gesture, I really appreciate it and I will regard them more highly. I will double-check with Ken though, I don't feel like taking $19 if it was a mistake from their bank.

9. Xss

Xss Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Sorry for the double-post, quick update: dunno if it's because I yelled a bit around here, but GenTechPC is indeed refunding me $19 instead of $4. I am rather happy about how it all ended, so I think I will recommend them despite a few bumps along the road!

GenTechPC likes this.
  10. timgarbim

timgarbim Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello

Xss, maybe you should edit yours posts with something like : it is ok now, or something like that

If someone starts to read and stop in the middle, they will think gentec isnt a good place to buy high end notebooks when they are good at that!

Some things like : "They dididnt repast" and later "They repasted it".

GenTechPC likes this.